The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24, 2024) (First teaser released!)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Ima take my kids on Saturday to see this. Hopefully it s good, I am not going in expecting a masterpiece but I'm also not expecting a turd either.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
MAE: “This planet… it isn’t yours. :ufdup:
PROXIMUS CAESAR: “It is now. :demonic:

Proximus is a menace! :mjlol: This character has piqued my interest. Truthfully, I believe Caesar would be devastated if he knew the extent to which Proximus twisted and obscured his teachings in shaping the world as it is today. :francis:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm glad that Disney finally remembered that they own the POTA franchise and decided to put some of the movies (the Tim Burton movie :scusthov: and the new trilogy :blessed:) on Disney Plus. I watched Rise last night and as you see Hunsiker, the a$$hole neighbor who got that work from Caesar and ended up spreading the virus globally, enter the airport and leave on his venture, I noticed a few of his stops were in or close to Central Africa and the islands of Asia. I’ll bet and hope our simian brehs and brehettes flourished in those parts of the world as the virus spread and I wonder what they’re up to 300 years into the future.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
These are my thoughts. I will be discussing the movie so MINOR SPOILERS. If you don't wanna anything just skip over this until you see it.

It was good. If I was double toasted, I would give this a matinee. Not better then the 1st 2 films but better then the last one.

This movie starts off slow. Yeah, there is some action scenes but not anything that made me say "WOW". First hour half, it was nothing fresh. I've seen all of the stuff in that 1st hour and half before. And done better in other films. But that last hour was good. They try to pull the heart strings, and some good moral questions.

Main bad guy. Best character in the movie. When he's onscreen he captures you. His rizz, size (pause), just real good.

Hero- He's definitely no Caesar but he's decent. He may have potential in future films but I had no connection to him.

Human- The main human was good. I like their complexity and the end really make me like them.

Ending- Good ending and will make you want more from this world.

Bottom line- Good but I was disappointed. I enjoyed the 1st 2 films because of the action and killings. This film does not have alot killing which was disappointing. Again, alot stuff in the 1st hour and a half is not interesting. You have seen this story a billion times. But the movie makes a switch and it picks up. Camera work was dope. And some the emotion, I'm sure the critics gonna love. I'm sure yall will enjoy then me but this was decent.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The general sense I’m getting from some of these reviews is that I’ll more than likely have a good ass time with the flick despite it being a step down from the Reeves entries, which is pretty much how I always thought things would shake out. I’ll peep tomorrow but I’m glad Wes managed to keep the consistency going here.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

The general sense I’m getting from some of these reviews is that I’ll more than likely have a good ass time with the flick despite it being a step down from the Reeves entries, which is pretty much how I always thought things would shake out. I’ll peep tomorrow but I’m glad Wes managed to keep the consistency going here.

I was just looking at tickets and the theaters are empty for pretty much all weekend showings. Wondering if people are even interested in this movie.