The Kevin Durant Conundrum...

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
:yeshrug:

Outside of the 2011 Mavs and 03 Spurs….Kyle Lowry and Siakam the worst complimentary players for a nikka to win a championship with. You probably gotta go all the way back to Hakeem’s Rocket before you find a roster that’s comparable or worse. Or I guess you can throw in the 99 Spurs.

Duncan, Hakeem, Dirk, and 06 Wade won with limited talent when compared to all the championship teams.

Shaq & Kobe both arguable top 5 all time.
All 5 of the Pistons starters are all stars.
Manu & Parker eventually turned into legit #2s.
Pierce & Ray Allen both Hall of Famers, and they had Rondo.
Gasol, Bynum, Odom is a great surrounding cast.
This might be my Miami bias, but Wade was arguably better than Lebron in 2011 and still a top 5 player in ‘12 & ‘13. And of course Bosh.
Klay and Draymond
Kyrie.
Bubble AD.

nikkas really looked at Toronto’s supporting cast as up there? They were easily worse than the ones listed above to me.
:comeon:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sir Charles, Karl Malone,

He around where KG and Dwade at. His time at Golden State as a super role player don’t really help his standings. Plug any other top 15 SF in his place and they would have did the same thing.

By hisself he got the same accomplishments as AI.
I respect Dirk as a player more than Kevin tbh

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:yeshrug:

Outside of the 2011 Mavs and 03 Spurs….Kyle Lowry and Siakam the worst complimentary players for a nikka to win a championship with. You probably gotta go all the way back to Hakeem’s Rocket before you find a roster that’s comparable or worse. Or I guess you can throw in the 99 Spurs.

Duncan, Hakeem, Dirk, and 06 Wade won with limited talent when compared to all the championship teams.

Shaq & Kobe both arguable top 5 all time.
All 5 of the Pistons starters are all stars.
Manu & Parker eventually turned into legit #2s.
Pierce & Ray Allen both Hall of Famers, and they had Rondo.
Gasol, Bynum, Odom is a great surrounding cast.
This might be my Miami bias, but Wade was arguably better than Lebron in 2011 and still a top 5 player in ‘12 & ‘13. And of course Bosh.
Klay and Draymond
Kyrie.
Bubble AD.

nikkas really looked at Toronto’s supporting cast as up there? They were easily worse than the ones listed above to me.
youre buggin

That raps team > the pistons
that raps team was really good IMO but they were certainly lucky the Warriors were depleted. If Klay plays game 3 the warriors prolly win the title

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
youre buggin

That raps team > the pistons
that raps team was really good IMO but they were certainly lucky the Warriors were depleted. If Klay plays game 3 the warriors prolly win the title
Who ever you think of as “the guy” on the 04 Pistons…I’m taking any of the other 4 over Kyle Lowry.

:unimpressed:

You put 2019 Kawhi on the 04 Pistons back in that era, and that’s an all time team. I don’t what y’all seeing in Kyle Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka, and VanVleet to give ‘em this much credit.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Who ever you think of as “the guy” on the 04 Pistons…I’m taking any of the other 4 over Kyle Lowry.

:unimpressed:

You put 2019 Kawhi on the 04 Pistons back in that era, and that’s an all time time time. I don’t what y’all seeing in Kyle Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka, and VanVleet to give ‘em this much credit.

fair . Kawhi instead of rip and that teams a problem.
i might argue that the Warriors supporting cast last year is worse than kawhis that year

that raps team was good man lol . dont sleep

Even without Kawhi they were like a bucket from getting to the ECF the next year. That says a lot. I fully believe theyd have beaten Miami too

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Is it about winning or how you win?
Shouldn’t you be asking OP this?
Man trust me I'm no Kareem Stan. The reasons you just listed are part of the reason I don't think he has a legitimate GOAT case. They aren't the only ones, though...

He’s still a top 10 player though never “driving” a team. Not to mention you want to hold it against KD for one upping what Bron started when it comes to stacking the deck in his favor to win..

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Shouldn’t you be asking OP this?

He’s still a top 10 player though never “driving” a team. Not to mention you want to hold it against KD for one upping what Bron started when it comes to stacking the deck in his favor to win..

Well this is false and you're saying two different things...

Saying Kareem could never win without an All-Time point is different than saying he never "drove" the bus, which isn't true. Oscar came to his team, not the other way around. Kareem was clearly the best player on that team and while Kareem choked in that '74 Finals down the stretch, he at least gave Milwaukee something. That was O's last season and he looked as washed as you'd expect him too...

Kareem had already been in LA for 4 years before Magic's arrival so again he didn't come to someone else's team. He was the best player for their first two chips together...

Durant is the only player in his historical weight class who I question how he wins. He's in his historical weight class because of the GS run, so winning clearly matters more than "how" he's won. But the fact we don't have an example of him being the CLEAR anchor of a title team is part of his story. You don't have to like it, and I don't either, but it's part of his story.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Guess I don't understand why there's a need for all this debate over KD
Is anyone saying he has a chance to be GOAT or even ranked in the top 5?
Why can't he simply be an all time great who has a skillset that fit into good teams and leave it at that
The way he does his ring chasing is kind of corny but again it's not like anyone is putting him over dudes who took harder paths. Basically his place in the game is being properly assessed by most ppl :yeshrug:
People have tried to say he's been the best player for 8 years while not being held to the same standard as the guy(s) they said he surpassed. He also hasn't matched the standard laid out by All-Timers in general.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Kevin cut corners
Bron cut corners

That’s just what it is

This ain't about Bron, so I don't know why cats love bringing him into threads he don't belong...

We talking about Kev's career. But if we're having a "cut corners" Olympics we cab start a new thread and talk about the All-Timers who forced their way to be drafted by certain teams instead of appreciating wherever they went and grind from there; we can talk about the All-Timer whose team "cut corners" to draft him; we can talk about the All-Timer whonforced his way outta TWO situations on some pre-Durant shyt, etc...

Yall noggas don't even be arguing in good faith 🤣 or truly don't know the history of the sport and its greatest players. Just stanning Bron and blaming anything you want on him 😆...