The Kendrick Perkins Effect...

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I had to make this a thread becuz i didnt really want this post to get lost in the WCF Thread.

What is it about him that has these analysis and other people in the media saying that he's a game changer and other silly sport cliches? And i thinked to a degree that it the "aura" around this dude has some sorta effect on some of the choices Scott Brooks makes. Not saying that Brooks is a good coach but the pedestal that Perkins is placed upon doesnt help.

I always looked at him as a guy who only looked good becuz of the guy next to him. No way in hell should he have been in the game over Ibaka in that last 4 minutes.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's a don't look at his numbers look at his defense type guy. He's a solid paint defender.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
He's a don't look at his numbers look at his defense type guy. He's a solid paint defender.

this is my point. Ibaka is 10 times the defender in the paint that Perkins is. and i believe this swayed perception of him makes people believe he's a lot better than what he actually deserves credit for. cant call him overrated becuz he's not good enough to be that.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
this is my point. Ibaka is 10 times the defender in the paint that Perkins is. and i believe this swayed perception of him makes people believe he's a lot better than what he actually deserves credit for. cant call him overrated becuz he's not good enough to be that.

Perkins is a better on the ball defender but Ibaka is a better help defender. No way OKC beats the Lakers if Ibaka is forced to guard Bynum. Simple as that. But for this series, the Spurs don't have a great low post scoring presence, so Ibaka should definitely be playing more than Perkins.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The fact is KG made him look a hell of a lot better than he actually is and he is still getting hype off of his play here. I like Perk, solid defender, but that's the truth. It's why Celtics fans weren't calling for Ainge's head when he traded him for Jeff. I bet if Jeff were healthy the Thunder would rather him over Perk on his multi year deal.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Perkins isn't the defender that Ibaka is and isn't the hustle type that Collison is, I don't get what he really brings to game in final moments when a certain attribute is needed.

Dude is eating good off that Celtic rep and dramatic weight loss.