The Kendrick Perkins Effect...

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Perkins is a better on the ball defender but Ibaka is a better help defender. No way OKC beats the Lakers if Ibaka is forced to guard Bynum. Simple as that. But for this series, the Spurs don't have a great low post scoring presence, so Ibaka should definitely be playing more than Perkins.

i alluded to this in the series thread but people just look at numbers.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I been saying that for a minute. I'm like f**k might as well kept Nenad Kristic lol...I still don't get why they didn't wait for free agency and signed a good center off of the FA block and kept Jeff Green at the 3 or 4. But, Perk is a solid and strong defender that can keep dudes like Bynum off the block and is a good defender and sets really good screens, so that's what they hype him up, but KG made the dude so much better than who he really is though.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Perkins is a good on man low post defender. Ibaka is a weakside defender who can block shots. 2 different kind of defenders. A guy like Perk matches up with the big men a guy like Ibaka has some nice swats and good rebounding because of a guy like Perk.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Perkins is a good on man low post defender. Ibaka is a weakside defender who can block shots. 2 different kind of defenders. A guy like Perk matches up with the big men a guy like Ibaka has some nice swats and good rebounding because of a guy like Perk.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
this is my point. Ibaka is 10 times the defender in the paint that Perkins is. and i believe this swayed perception of him makes people believe he's a lot better than what he actually deserves credit for. cant call him overrated becuz he's not good enough to be that.

hell nah, you tripping now ibaka is a great weakside shot blocker thats about as far as he goes. perkins man to man d as well as rotating d allows ibaka to roam for those blocks you do realize this right?

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hell nah, you tripping now ibaka is a great weakside shot blocker thats about as far as he goes. perkins man to man d as well as rotating d allows ibaka to roam for those blocks you do realize this right?

I agree with this post.

With that said, Serge should've been in late against the Spurs last night. The only chance OKC has is disrupting the Spurs with their athleticism, so they should have it on the floor as much as possible imo.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i guess you nikkaz never realized that if perkins is never injured,...

no repeat lakers title,...plus he already solidified his rep in the ghostzone dominance of kobe and pau in o8.

that was close to five years ago now,....five years ago some of you nikkaz still had age after the word teen connected to your person to describe your age group.

plus some of y'all are the most inept sports analyst i read ever, too.

y'all are jokes to even my teenage commentary with real journalist, starting at fifteen,...

regardless of age, that is how wack most of y'all are.

at examining the total role execution and impact of players on a ball court, at any age.

how the fukk you hate on the black undertaker,.....who is one of the only difference maker players.

who actually used to decide who won or made the finals for the past four years.

if perkins was healthy,...celt's and the boston three-party would have won more titles.

no perkins on the celt's this year is why the celts will lose again.

that is how big of a difference maker the black undertaker is. plus kobe shook of that nikka.

okc sonning the lakers is attributed to just the undertaker's presence changing the okc culture on the surface.

no undertaker okc never becomes good enough to become elite, period.

the celt's are not winners, without perkins and will not win without perkins as well.

ainge trading him away was one of the few dumb moves, ainge ever made.

art barr
art barr