The Jungle Book or Jungle Book Origins

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah this has been getting great reviews. I might go see this in theaters instead of waiting. It's a reason Andy Serkis pushed his back to 2018.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Wow. She makes it sound really good.

In her review she says to watch it in 3D because its really good, but the last movie I saw in 3D was Avatar and I wasnt impressed. I didnt really notice anything pop out except for some fire embers. Felt like I wasted money on that.

How much better is 3D now; is it worth the extra cash?
Yes most of the time it is. I watch all my movies in 3d now if I can.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
shyt was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking or anything (maybe the CGI but that's more because of the scale of how many different CGI animals they occasionally manage to put on screen) but it tells its story efficiently and it hits all the right beats of being a new take on the story but still put in some of the songs from the '67 Disney cartoon for nostalgic purposes.

I was a bit torn on the voice cast though. Some picks are incredible (Elba as Shere Khan is pure god mode, Lupita, Murray and Kingsley are great in their parts) while others seem mostly done for the name brand (Scarlett Johannson's Kaa is pretty much an extra, Christopher Walken practically turns King Louie into an Italian mobster). Also, the kid actor playing Mowgli ain't exactly a gem either. You kinda want to give the kid a pass because he's a kid and he's mostly acting in front of some green screen, but still, too often he just has that "staring into nothing" gaze when he's talking to Baloo or Bagheera. It can be a little distracting but overall the movie is fairly engaging and again, Elba's Shere Khan is pure :whew:, that's a cold-blooded b*stard

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Movie was dope. I think everyone did their thing. I would've wanted more Kaa but it was dope in every way. Definitely dark af compared to the animated cartoon but still very kid friendly.

Take your fam or your girl to see it. It's worth it

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking or anything (maybe the CGI but that's more because of the scale of how many different CGI animals they occasionally manage to put on screen) but it tells its story efficiently and it hits all the right beats of being a new take on the story but still put in some of the songs from the '67 Disney cartoon for nostalgic purposes.

I was a bit torn on the voice cast though. Some picks are incredible (Elba as Shere Khan is pure god mode, Lupita, Murray and Kingsley are great in their parts) while others seem mostly done for the name brand (Scarlett Johannson's Kaa is pretty much an extra, Christopher Walken practically turns King Louie into an Italian mobster). Also, the kid actor playing Mowgli ain't exactly a gem either. You kinda want to give the kid a pass because he's a kid and he's mostly acting in front of some green screen, but still, too often he just has that "staring into nothing" gaze when he's talking to Baloo or Bagheera. It can be a little distracting but overall the movie is fairly engaging and again, Elba's Shere Khan is pure :whew:, that's a cold-blooded b*stard
I disagree. I didn't even know it was Scarlett and she was seducing me :merchant:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Movie was dope. I think everyone did their thing. I would've wanted more Kaa but it was dope in every way. Definitely dark af compared to the animated cartoon but still very kid friendly.

Take your fam or your girl to see it. It's worth it
my lady wanted to see this...prolly take her to see it next weekend

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
maybe idk how intimidating his voice would be tho, to me hed sound better as bagera

Now Dennis Haysbert tho

shere khan the bawse
khanindustries6_09.jpg

Shere Khan was vicious, breh. :wow:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
two back to back jungle book movies? got to say the nay-no my brother :francis:
yeah this fact actually really frustrates me :pachaha:

thats good to hear. when i heard about it i at first felt it probably would have been better to switch Elba and Kingsleys parts but its good that it came out well