The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It all comes down to the AD-Jokic matchup. I think whoever looks better between the two of them will win.

LeBron is going to have to replicate his Game 6 performance all series though. Cause Jamaal Murray and Denver's shooters are going to outplay the Laker role players for certain.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
It all comes down to the AD-Jokic matchup. I think whoever looks better between the two of them will win.

LeBron is going to have to replicate his Game 6 performance all series though. Cause Jamaal Murray and Denver's shooters are going to outplay the Laker role players for certain.

Damn team just took out the defending champs and the greatest shooter of all time. Their confidence must be on x100 right now.
Not even gonna talk about the Grizzlies series against the DPOY.

I won't believe it until I actually see it :manny:.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn team just took out the defending champs and the greatest shooter of all time. Their confidence must be on x100 right now.
Not even gonna talk about the Grizzlies series against the DPOY.

I won't believe it until I actually see it :manny:.

- Reaves is shooting 42% for the playoffs, 36% from 3pt, and has gotten burned on defense a lot.

- Russell only making 35% of this threes and can't defend.

- Schroder shooting 29% from 3pt range and keeps making dumb plays on both ends.

- Vanderbilt, Beasley, Brown have been so bad on offense that all three have become unplayable.

- None of the Lakers' backup bigs are playable.

Rui is the only role player that's been consistently trustworthy, and Lonnie Walker suddenly came out of nowhere. Meanwhile EVERY starter on the Nuggets is hitting 39% or better from 3pt range and Bruce Brown playing well as the 6th man.

It'll be shocking if Laker role players outplay Nuggets role players. Lakers are only gonna win if AD/Bron look like the two best players on the court.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Reaves is shooting 42% for the playoffs, 36% from 3pt, and has gotten burned on defense a lot.

- Schroder shooting 29% from 3pt range and keeps making dumb plays on both ends.

- Vanderbilt, Beasley, Brown have been so bad on offense that all three have become unplayable.

Rui is the only role player that's been consistently trustworthy, and Lonnie Walker suddenly came out of nowhere. Meanwhile EVERY starter on the Nuggets is hitting 39% or better from 3pt range and Bruce Brown playing well as the 6th man.

It'll be shocking if Laker role players outplay Nuggets role players. Lakers are only gonna win if AD/Bron look like the two best players on the court.

Will the altitude play a factor??

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Will the altitude play a factor??

I don't think so but I really don't know. Nuggets don't force defenses to run around quite as much as the Warriors do, and the main issue for Bron and AD is muscles/joints, not wind. Plus Lakers can go deep a little bit easier than the Nuggets can. So I don't think it will be a factor but I'm really not sure, rather wait for someone on the team to speak on how it actually impacts them.

We played one of the Colorado schools in college football and that shyt sucked so much. Not just the altitude but you can hit mad turbulence in the Rocky Mountains too. Everyone felt like shyt the moment they got off the plane. :mjcry:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps

Okay you told me the Lakers flaws, so what is the Nuggets flaws?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Okay you told me the Lakers flaws, so what is the Nuggets flaws?

Their defense is average. Healthy Bron would carve the shyt out of this squad. For the Lakers to win, Bron has to be healthy enough to take it at them consistently, because I don't fully trust AD or the Laker role players to aggressively exploit even a mediocre defense. They're all too unreliable.

They only trust 6 guys. Jeff Green is their #7 and every extra minute Jeff Green plays is an advantage for the opponent. So if the Lakers can get their starters into foul trouble, or if some of the Nuggets are off offensively, they don't really have a lot of options to turn to.

I'd say those are the two biggest weaknesses.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mid title. From American Pie (the song):

And while the king was looking down,
A jester stole his thorny crown

Could make it:

And While The King Is Looking Down, A Joker Tries To Steal His Thorny Crown

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
The Nuggets are not the Warriors where Loney and Dray can be left open on the perimeter where AD can clog the lanes and roam around freely.

Who is the first guy off the bench if AD gets into foul trouble for Lakers? This is a series where they will miss Dwight and McGee.

X-Factors for Lakers: Dlo, Reeves and Vando

X-Factors for Nuggets: KCP, Brown and MPJ

I got Nuggets in 6 due to one day rest and knowing how injury prone AD can be. You need 3-4 games of 28 and 15 rebs of production from him.

Last edited: