The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don’t even know if I’m gonna bother watching game 4 of either series…if somehow either of the losing teams force a game 6, I’ll check back in

question…I know no NBA team that’s gone down 3-0 has ever won but has any of those teams that was down 3-0 ever forced a game 7?

*edit*

nvm found a good article

Daps
Reppin
Denver
don’t even know if I’m gonna bother watching game 4 of either series…if somehow either of the losing teams force a game 6, I’ll check back in

question…I know NO team that’s gone down 3-0 has ever won but has any team that was down 3-0 ever forced a game 7?
A couple of times I think. Nuggets did it against Utah after upsetting the sonics in 94

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A couple of times I think. Nuggets did it against Utah after upsetting the sonics in 94

thanks…I just found a great article that I added to the post…they mentioned that team too

a game 6 has only been forced 8x (I’m not including anything from before the 80s)…and a game 7 has only been forced 2x since the 80s

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

question…I know no NBA team that’s gone down 3-0 has ever won but has any of those teams that was down 3-0 ever forced a game 7?

*edit*

nvm found a good article

I remember the one with the Blazers, that's when Mo Cheeks helped that little girl singing the national anthem IIRC

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
What it is brehs? Does everybody think we done?

I mean 0-149 are some FUKKED UP LONG odds. But… 3-1 down vs Warriors and Bron heard what Klay said about him..

Problem is the Nuggets don’t talk except that Bruce Brown dude who talks to the bench all the time.

Bron is going to have to find that fire and AD needs to START WELL… missing easy shots early is a huge issue.

The Ham needs to fix the rotation: DLo can’t start. He did great vs Warriors at times but this is not the series to wait and see if he will show up.

If Murray goes off and he decides to put Schröder on him again, we could get cooked. We need to get other people to shoot, make it as hard as possible for Murray. And yes: they have shooters. It’s the #1 team in the West..

We can beat these dudes. I believe we can win this series.

Bron should say “fukk the 3” Drive, pass out and be a terror on the defensive end and we have a shot.
I respect the “it ain’t over till it’s over” attitude :ehh:

History is always waiting to be made

Objectively, though, the odds are stacked against the Lakers because Bron isn’t getting any younger or healthier and AD doesn’t seem to be engaged enough or have it in him to will the Lakers to four straight victories

I think their best bet is to play Reaves and Rui big minutes and give them more of a green light to lead and attack on offense while Bron and AD are also on the floor; but for this to be effective Bron and AD also need to play big minutes to keep Denver’s D from keying on Rui and Reaves—I don’t know if they have the stamina to do that at this point and I don’t know if they can check their egos to let the other players shine brighter than them

I could be wrong and there’s a more effective strategy or no effective strategy at all

Lakers have been close in all three games but it seems they can’t get over the hump or they run out of gas

They’d have to win four straight including 2 at Mile High—do they have the fortitude to do that?

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
BOGUT. WASN'T. PLAYING. HEAVY. MIN

Lonnie Walker is playing WAYY more min against the Nuggets than Bogut did in the 16 Finals and it barely feels like Walker is on the floor
In game 7 festus ezli, varejo, and speights played a combined 26 minutes at the center getting 5 rebounds and two blocks between the three of them. In game 6, same trio played 24 minutes at the five getting six rebounds and no blocks. The warriors are out rebounded in both those games. Points in the paint increased

Games 1 and 2 were blow outs and in fact the death line up where the warriors went small was the primary line up Kerr went to so his minutes in the first two games should be limited. Heavy minutes are not a reflection of your impact on the game, a player can play ten minutes and fundamentally change the direction of the game. Boguts presence and rim protection did that, it forced the Cavs to get into a jump shooting competition at the beginning of the game with the greatest jump shooting team of all time and once they were behind the warriors could go small ball and run them off the court without Bogut that changes which is why the warriors have been chasing a big to mimic his production for years.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Game 3 was close until Lakers started playing lazy defense and missed rotations. The only tough shot in the 4th quarter was that 3 by KCP over Lonnie Walker, everything else was open shots for Nuggets.