The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Best team I have seen in playoffs but not sure if depleted suns made them look that much better. They are the #1 seed so respect to what they did in regular season as I dont pay attention much. Joker looks incredible, dude looks like he throws a bunch of idgaf type shots up but all of them swish thru net.. His offensive display has been on another level these playoffs on some dirk shyt but even better.. His passing, the team as a whole seems to play great ball passing for great looks..

I just want to see bron get another ring for the fukkery so riding with the lakers but Denver looks great, lets see how it plays out
It did that suns team was trash :dead:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
LA wont be top-locking Denver's guards. Cuts to the basket will be much harder to come by than they were for the Warriors. More help will be there.

AD's rim protection deters everyone. He's one of the best, if not the best, rim protector in the league.

The Lakers will live with Jokic posting up AD down low. A one-on-one game with Jokic is the best way to stop the Nuggets. It's likely they will drop AD constantly and leave him on an island with Jokic from the free throw line down.
What's going to be most interesting to me is after game 1 (because I feel like they'll just play straight up this game) if Jokic is going from down low will they send help for AD or will they continue to play it man up and if they do help ... Who do they send it off of ... conventional wisdom says Gordon but he and Jokic have developed incredible chemistry and timing on when and where to be .. especially playing out of that dunkers spot he's been deadly ...the better risk may be coming off of MPJ ..he can be benefically streaky with his shot hes not a great passer and he really would prefer to shoot rather than go to the rim

that's why choosing who guards him could be a critical decision... I'd probably go with Vando because I like his ability to help and recover to chase him off the line but idk

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
What's going to be most interesting to me is after game 1 (because I feel like they'll just play straight up this game) if Jokic is going from down low will they send help for AD or will they continue to play it man up and if they do help ... Who do they send it off of ... conventional wisdom says Gordon but he and Jokic have developed incredible chemistry and timing on when and where to be .. especially playing out of that dunkers spot he's been deadly ...the better risk may be coming off of MPJ ..he can be benefically streaky with his shot hes not a great passer and he really would prefer to shoot rather than go to the rim

that's why choosing who guards him could be a critical decision... I'd probably go with Vando because I like his ability to help and recover to chase him off the line but idk
What makes the Nuggets so dangerous is Jokic makes it impossible to help off anyone.

Doubling him is stupid. It's like Prime Lebron, their passing and court vision is just too good.

Lakers gotta hope AD is up to the task of guarding him straight up with no help and making him dip in efficiency in the low post.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fu_qYdKaAAEge3Y

Number #1 team vs lowly #7 squad with a bunch of blue collar dude who play good ball. A true David vs Goliath matchup. Our team of scrappy high engine players will win. LAKESHOW in 6.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What makes the Nuggets so dangerous is Jokic makes it impossible to help off anyone.

Doubling him is stupid. It's like Prime Lebron, their passing and court vision is just too good.

Lakers gotta hope AD is up to the task of guarding him straight up with no help and making him dip in efficiency in the low post.
I definitely think they'll start singled up... But Joker obviously has the physical advantage and the Lakers don't really have any other adequate bigs to eat up minutes on him ...so my thing would be trying to limit those post attempts to a degree ... Because the more attempts he gets the more likely you are to put AD in foul trouble ...and the Lakers simply cannot afford having him off the floor for long stretches this series ...so you have to have some sort of plan B on who you're willing to open the valve for defensively imo

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Drawing AD out of the paint is something almost no team can do outside of Golden State.

Curry's gravity is ridiculous. Murray will have to be special to take the Lakers out of drop.
Is AD not guarding Jokic? Have you seen the Nuggets play? Jokic sets up shop everywhere. Jokic can hit the 3 but he’s great 16-18.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s not entirely true as both were league average for the most part during the regular season and some stats have favor Denver during the playoffs
opponent fg% and defensive rating favor GSW. With that said I'm not saying it's a huge gap, just pushing back against the notion that's it's "ridiculous" to think GS's defense is better.