The job search, interview and negotiation thread

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
What do you do if you have multiple recruiters contact you about the same position? Like one day I had like 7 on the same day, about the same position. They each had different pay rates but all were close. I told the first few a number, each slightly different. On like the fourth they wanted a non compete agreement signed before going forward. I didnt sign it though.

I did a quick google search an article said if two requiters submit you, you may be kicked from the system.

Is this true? What do you do in this scenario. What if you get a better offer after you told a recruiter before them a different pay rate?

a non-compete agreement about what exactly?

And that many recruiters for the same position sounds strange to me....

expand a little bit more for us breh

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a non-compete agreement about what exactly?

And that many recruiters for the same position sounds strange to me....

expand a little bit more for us breh

I think Exclusive Rights Contact is the technical term. Meaning no other recruiter can submit me for this specific position.

As for all the recruiters. My phone was ringing about once an hour or two. It was a medium level position that needed to fill the position asap. They had like 3 openings. I just kept getting random calls and emails about it.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I think Exclusive Rights Contact is the technical term. Meaning no other recruiter can submit me for this specific position.

As for all the recruiters. My phone was ringing about once an hour or two. It was a medium level position that needed to fill the position asap. They had like 3 openings. I just kept getting random calls and emails about it.

I cant say I am familiar with this situation.

But it seems weird to ask someone to sign an exclusive rights contract for this....

Why should you as the candidate limit yourself to one opportunity for a particular role? Unless I am missing some simple distinction.

Like I said I am not that familiar with situations such as this but I tend to refrain from non compete clauses unless I consulted a lawyer....and without even a firm job offer it seems like overkill :patrice::patrice:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant say I am familiar with this situation.

But it seems weird to ask someone to sign an exclusive rights contract for this....

Why should you as the candidate limit yourself to one opportunity for a particular role? Unless I am missing some simple distinction.

Like I said I am not that familiar with situations such as this but I tend to refrain from non compete clauses unless I consulted a lawyer....and without even a firm job offer it seems like overkill :patrice::patrice:
Multiple recruiting agencies have asked for it. This is also mid to low level job so i dont know?
I own a recruiting firm and have been in the business for years.

Simple answer to this:

The recruiting firm needs protection.

Explanation:

Unfortunately a few bad apples spoil the process for everyone. When you place a candidate making $100k on a 20% fee you're looking at a $20k check.

After spending a week scouring job/career boards, leveraging personal referrals and relationships, another week interviewing, and yet another week droning through the background checks/drug screens/reference checks/paperwork/etc. you've spent quite a bit of time/resources to come up with a good candidate.

When you're paying a recruiter, sales people, admin staff, and overhead, that $20k goes quick.

You can't risk calling a candidate and discussing the client only to have them hang up and contact that company directly (or another recruiting firm they've worked with in the past). Most people wouldn't do this however all it takes is one person to take advantage before you require the agreement on the front end from everyone.

I speak from direct personal experience when I say that it can be devastating to spend almost a month on a job, only to find out the client hired a candidate that YOU INTERVIEWED but didn't present because the candidate stopped returning calls and went after the job on their own (or through another agency).

Also - most RTR agreements are client specific. So if we send you to company X, you can only be hired there through our firm. Normally there is a time frame of 3-6 months to prevent the client from trying to bypass the recruiter after being presented with the resume.

Unfortunately, the agreements are necessary to prevent the small number of bad apples out there from hurting your business
Why do recruiters try to rush into a Right To Represent (RTR) contract?

Also one company had me feel out a skill matrix. They asked for last 4 digits of my social fir a background check.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I started a new role recently and shortly thereafter I had two recruiters hit me up about positions that I was looking at during the slow holiday season. also may be better fits for me.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah I did lol

I would say definitely interview for the other roles if you get a chance

From that other thread it seems that you may likely have some "friction" with your boss down the road

Yeah from where I don't know heh. Of course I'm the only brother here in these positions but I'm thinking these are highly specialized positions if you're paying at least $100,000 for these. Plenty of opportunities to not extend an offer.

Oh well, definitely exit strategy.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If you're in between jobs try this site: Righteverywhere.com. They assist with resume writing, how to negotiate salaries, working on your LinkedIn page, etc. If you have a resume out there that has not gotten you a call back you need to reevaluate what you are doing because it's not working. You need to consider how strong your resume is and where you are putting your resume so that it can be seen by the right people

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Multiple recruiting agencies have asked for it. This is also mid to low level job so i dont know?
Why do recruiters try to rush into a Right To Represent (RTR) contract?

Also one company had me feel out a skill matrix. They asked for last 4 digits of my social fir a background check.

I just ended up getting a job last week :blessed:, not through a recruiter, but I was talking to a couple of recruiters. One of them explained it to me pretty straight forward. He didn't give a fukk if I used other recruiters, but since I was looking for some pretty specific jobs, and they make it vague at first which job they are putting me down for, it's possible that two recruiters submit me for the same job.
This would mean that either a) company tosses out both because they see its the same person, or b) I'm fighting myself for the job and could in theory get less money for it if recruiter 1 says "someone else is coming in at 45 an hour, we should go 40" while recruiter 2 is the one actually putting me in for 45.

Also for the people in the thread struggling to get jobs and feeling hopeless, I WAS JUST fukkING THERE. Legit applying for 4 months to places, maybe 5 phone calls back period, one process for a data scientist role that went to the final round. Finally landed something last week that is gonna be a great job. Super random, found it on indeed. Just said why not, dude called me and it was a way better career move than what the indeed posting said. Shoot your shot at everything, something's gotta shake. Also, use your contacts. I had a lot of friends who wanted to help me when I asked, and I would have probably got something through them if this didn't pop up. End rant, I gotta finish some shyt.