The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
In today’s case I imagine it’s because of travel/rest since they played less than 48hrs ago.

Not sure if true, but I think the game dates for finals are set regardless of geography.

I figured that, but this ain't the 70/80s. These dudes on private jets anyways.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
What’s impressing me the most is that he’s doing that to this defense. This is the first defense I’ve seen the Warriors play that aren’t giving up hardly any easy looks. Even against the defenses that made them work in the past they’d still get at least five layups in the half court simply off defensive misreads or them doing a back cut or slipping a screen to throw off the switches.

As much as everybody wants to call Draymond and Klay washed and Poole getting exposed we really just need to give Boston’s D some credit for being that damn good. They’re making the Warriors work for every single basket.

Just wanted to put this here to explain his scoring to this point.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
No Monday's not a better timeslot. The NBA just doesn't understand how to sell their product anymore. NFL understands that Sunday is by far the most watched day of TV. That's why as much as they branch out... Sunday always gonna be the main course
Yup. IMO they fukked up by having the two days rest between game one and two. If they didn't do that then game 4 would've fell on Thursday (which is their main TV night during the week) then they could've had game 5 tonight. No clue WTF they were thinking with this schedule.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Are you serious? He still hitting big shots… bet you with a full off season and full season next year he will be back to his regular self.. He’s avg 19pts in the playoffs bro that ain’t Larry Holmes status
I think he's pretty much the same as he's always been on offense. He's just forcing more shots that he used to not take in the past. When he gets his normal shots in rhythm he's doing his think. It's when he isos or takes threes off the dribble that he's bricking.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
A large part of that is that Boston doesn't have anyone that's savvy enough on the offensive end to exploit mismatches.

Doesn't make any sense when u consider that Tatum keeps having Smart set picks for him so he can get the "mismatch."

They should probably have Brown operate in more pick n rolls than Tatum cuz he's been much better at it in the playoffs. He's been a more effective and efficient scorer and turned it over way less than Tatum.

He could do more damage with Curry on him. In isolation situations, Brown is averaging 1.07 points per possession to Tatum's 0.77. Brown's doing that on an Effective Field Goal % of 58.5% (53.2% fg%) to 43.8% (37.0% fg%). Ime gotta make that switch for the betterment of the team.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Points more to the statistic being flawed and overrated than to Curry being a good defender. Let's talk about that.

And that's coming from a Curry hater who actually thinks he gets too much criticism for his defense. But fans citing these types of statistics is part of why people bag on him I think. :laugh:
:comeon: If you actually watch the games and understand what you're watching the eye test agrees. You casuals stay exposing y'all self.