The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
The Celtics defense has caused all sorts of problems for the Warriors.
This series isn't over and I think both teams have a real shot of victory.

That said, what has clearly emerged on this board over the past few days is that seemingly no one is actually rooting for the Celtics here.
With the losses, all people on this board do is praise or bash Jayson Tatum.

There are at least 3 threads now:

1. Jayson Tatum gave me depression again
2. I've seen enough thru 4 games...
3. Jayson Tatum is NOT a "Superstar"

where if you read through the comments, you'll see a lot of references about Tatum not being Kobe.

And that's the subtext of these 2022 NBA Finals.
An entire group of people on this board who view a Celtics championship, a Jayson Tatum championship....as a Kobe Bryant championship. And through 4 games they're trashing one of the best young players in the game because he seemingly isn't on the path, or isn't showing the flash that they want to equate with Tatum's idol.

Boston could very well still win this series. Their defense is suffocating and Ime Udoka has shown the ability to adjust multiple times already in these playoffs. The same is true for the job Steve Kerr and his coaching staff has done.

But like ...well I suppose most Finals...the fans are stuck on petty and stupid narratives rather than enjoying the best players in the world.
Nah cut that shyt out…I’m definitely not a Kobe stan if anything I’m neutral :hubie:. I can’t watch JT get bejlijac on a switch and be unable to blow by him, or have to settle for a contested jumper on him or Looney. I’m watching this nikka miss contested layups on defenders giving up 2-4 inches of height…or do cross court passes when the defense hasn’t moved at all yet. How much more of that can a nikka take as a spectator? What about the foul baiting resulting in bad misses and TOs which are just fast breaks for the dubs?

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
sst2vphgj0591.jpg

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics defense has caused all sorts of problems for the Warriors.
This series isn't over and I think both teams have a real shot of victory.

That said, what has clearly emerged on this board over the past few days is that seemingly no one is actually rooting for the Celtics here.
With the losses, all people on this board do is praise or bash Jayson Tatum.

There are at least 3 threads now:

1. Jayson Tatum gave me depression again
2. I've seen enough thru 4 games...
3. Jayson Tatum is NOT a "Superstar"

where if you read through the comments, you'll see a lot of references about Tatum not being Kobe.

And that's the subtext of these 2022 NBA Finals.
An entire group of people on this board who view a Celtics championship, a Jayson Tatum championship....as a Kobe Bryant championship. And through 4 games they're trashing one of the best young players in the game because he seemingly isn't on the path, or isn't showing the flash that they want to equate with Tatum's idol.

Boston could very well still win this series. Their defense is suffocating and Ime Udoka has shown the ability to adjust multiple times already in these playoffs. The same is true for the job Steve Kerr and his coaching staff has done.

But like ...well I suppose most Finals...the fans are stuck on petty and stupid narratives rather than enjoying the best players in the world.

Look @ much of a Kobe hating fakkit this guy is :wow:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Still got celtics winning this. Eliminate the drop coverage on curry they'll be fine. Need to limit turnovers
eliminate drop coverage to let them get 4 on 3s with draymond with way more easy looks in the paint and higher assist percentage? if they dont run the current iteration of the drop they're running...steph is just gonna throw it to draymond immediately and relocate to get his looks anyway.
it aint even a normal drop coverage cause the bigs are at the 3 point line...its just steph is pulling up from 30 feet :mjlol:
the layup looney got from draymond was cause they went away from the drop and blitzed steph. we just gotta admit steph poses problems regardless.
the best way the celtics can win is just executing in half court to eliminate the fast break points the warriors are getting. Anytime the celtics offense stalls even for 2-3 possessions and they get turnovers or long rebounds warriors pile up quick 6-8 point runs. they done it like 5 times this series already.

Last edited:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
He’s 24 and he’s been doing this shyt all playoffs. If Brooklyn wasn’t undersized that series would’ve gone.’ 7 because of his inconsistent ass play.

Paul George lite

Meanwhile Paul George lite is nowhere to be found

Nah excuses. Every year it’s the same excuses. He’s just not that guy. Y’all really need to Accept it
That's disrespectful

He's only 23 calm down

PG has NEVER done anything like what Tatum did in game 6 against Milwaukee

NEVER

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That's disrespectful

He's only 23 calm down

PG has NEVER done anything like what Tatum did in game 6 against Milwaukee

NEVER
You got Paul George fukked up. shyt he just put up 41,13,6 with 3 steals on 15/20 shooting last year against Phoenix in game 5 of the Western Conference Finals.

He has 7 other games over 35 points as well in the playoffs.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
You got Paul George fukked up. shyt he just put up 41,13,6 with 3 steals on 15/20 shooting last year against Phoenix in game 5 of the Western Conference Finals.

He has 7 other games over 35 points as well in the playoffs.
nikkas have short term memory loss

I also think this social media slander narrative has taken hold in ppls minds

Wild times