The iPhone 5C was a big mistake by Apple

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Because its more than $400

The stock is dipping, how does apple think that people are going to be paying $550 for a mid-low end smartphone these days? They are not realizing that contracts are going away since people are tired of $100+ cell phone bills. I thought they were going to come strong and try to compete with the Nexus line...that Nexus 5 is going to be $300-$330, have better specs and will get major positive buzz again.

These dudes done lost their minds, not even Steve Jobs himself would come out and price something like that so high.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
thought it was gonna be a cheap prepaid phone. don't know if its prepaid in the US (no real details here yet) but it sure don't fall under my definition of 'cheap'

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
dunno what the cost difference is, but im willing to bet that shyt aint nothing but a 4 with a plastic cover. smoke & mirrors

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dunno what the cost difference is, but im willing to bet that shyt aint nothing but a 4 with a plastic cover. smoke & mirrors

Exactly...I think its a 5 with a plastic cove. shyt I rather have the 5 if I wanted plastic id keep my samsungs

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Does this mean the 5 is discontinued.....maybe the 5c is the default 5 now and it's cheaper to produce

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its a 5 but with a plastic cover.

What's strange about the whole thing is that essentially you are getting less than in the past. In the past you at least had a previous model with the same aluminum and glass finish for $99 on contract, but now you get the previous model wrapped in plastic instead. I am sure it increases their profit per unit sold, but its pretty pathetic that Apple did not drop that price to $399.99

Apple should know better, but I am sure it will sell well initially because of the color offerings. It cannot possibly be sustained for long though. Their stock has taken a 5% hit so far and down to 470 per share.