The inbred family "tree" of Charles II of Spain. WTF

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Things got ridiculous in the 1800's. The aftermath of the dynastic clashes throughout Europe in the middle ages was a lot of noble houses joining into one and some lines dying altogether (the most obvious example being the Wars of the Roses. Two branches of House Plantagenet (York and Lancaster) rip each other into shreds, until a distant ass Lancaster claimant finally wins out in the end, Henry Tudor. Plantagenet, York, and Lancaster families are pretty much done for. This sort of thing happened all over Europe).

This plus all the inbreeding meant there was damn near just one big royal bloodline in the 1800's. Nicholas' was also the nephew of King George of Greece...who by the way was Danish. He only became King of Greece because the greeks wanted to get rid of Otto, and UK, France, and Russia suggested George who up until that point wasn't going to be much as his older brother was going to get Denmark.

George's siblings were Frederick, who became king of Denmark, Alexandra who married and became Queen of England (George V's mother), and Dagmar who married and became queen of Russia (Nicholas' mother).

Wilhem had one arm shorter than the other, btw. These people were a genetic fukking mess
:salute: go on breh

:ohhh: royal bloodline maps of europe is something i always wanted to know more about but got too confused with names and numerals.

otto was german too :pachaha: his pops fetishized greece and gave it a king like :smugbiden: yeah we greek

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
World War I was fought between cousins. George V and Wilhem were first cousins. Nicholas' wife was first cousins with them as well. Nicholas and Wilhem were second cousins on one side and third cousins on the other :dead:

Queen Victoria really believed that if all of her children ruled Europe there would be no more wars.

The ignorance :obama:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
GET MARRIED TO YOUR BREHS!

:dead:

these guys were cousins that looked identical
Tsar Nicholas of Russia:
Nicolas_II_photographie_couleur.jpg

and his cousin George V of England
King_George_V_1911_color-crop.jpg

together
Tsar_Nicholas_II_%26_King_George_V.JPG

:wow: :lupe:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:salute: go on breh

:ohhh: royal bloodline maps of europe is something i always wanted to know more about but got too confused with names and numerals.

otto was german too :pachaha: his pops fetishized greece and gave it a king like :smugbiden: yeah we greek

It gets wild confusing if you try to trace it for two long. There are too many kids who wind up meaning nothing, and most times royal families only last a generation or two before they run out of male heirs and a daughter marries into another family, or the line dies out altogether. Changes waaaaaay too much. One thing GRRM does in GoT is he simplifies the fukk out of Dynastic families.

The 1800's is just hilarious because there was basically a collection of royalty in western and central europe that just got shipped out to be royals of foreign ass people. It's the period of time when the royals were so ridicuously closely related.

But if you just pick a random period in time it's easy to get a hold on.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
It gets wild confusing if you try to trace it for two long. There are too many kids who wind up meaning nothing, and most times royal families only last a generation or two before they run out of male heirs and a daughter marries into another family, or the line dies out altogether. Changes waaaaaay too much. One thing GRRM does in GoT is he simplifies the fukk out of Dynastic families.

The 1800's is just hilarious because there was basically a collection of royalty in western and central europe that just got shipped out to be royals of foreign ass people. It's the period of time when the royals were so ridicuously closely related.

But if you just pick a random period in time it's easy to get a hold on.
:manny: 19th century inbred bored power hungry superwealthy cacs gonna cac

i wish there were funding for an hbo drama with 13 guaranteed seasons that didn't need to rely on ratings for shyt like this. like 50 people would watch it a week, but some billionaire history nerd would overpay just to ensure it stayed on. you could leave and come back to it as you pleased

the tudors + GoT + elizabeth movies with cate blanchett + the borgias

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:manny: 19th century inbred bored power hungry superwealthy cacs gonna cac

i wish there were funding for an hbo drama with 13 guaranteed seasons that didn't need to rely on ratings for shyt like this. like 50 people would watch it a week, but some billionaire history nerd would overpay just to ensure it stayed on. you could leave and come back to it as you pleased

the tudors + GoT + elizabeth movies with cate blanchett + the borgias

:noah: The fukkery would never end. I'd love to see the shyt in some alternate history modern setting because period pieces always wear thin on me. Like Kings, but the fukkery turnt up to a million.

This shyt is still going on. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip have the same great grandaddy, Christian IX of Denmark.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Man it's crazy the spin they put on stuff in school. Like these people were supposed to be the cream of the crop and the pinnacle of good etiquette and dignity.

In real life these white folks was nasty as hell and think about it, we only see the breeding that was going on when someone got married and had a child. So in reality, cousins and aunts was probably getting passed around for booty calls like Kardashians

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
:yeshrug: if i came from a rich family id marry my 2nd cousin. gotta keep the money in the fam.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Man it's crazy the spin they put on stuff in school. Like these people were supposed to be the cream of the crop and the pinnacle of good etiquette and dignity.

In real life these white folks was nasty as hell and think about it, we only see the breeding that was going on when someone got married and had a child. So in reality, cousins and aunts was probably getting passed around for booty calls like Kardashians

This is all extremely true. You want to know what's really fukked up though? People actually get mad about things like Black/Hispanic history month because it focuses on positive things that those communities have contributed to various cultures. Protecting the lie about European royal families, and protecting the myth of minority inferiority. Then they call minorities thin-skinned and overly politically correct because they want a better rounded and a (gasp) more accurate depiction of history given.

"Hurr durr does anyone else think that black history month is REVERSE RACIST guys???"

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
why would u care once u die

Some people want to feel like what they did in life will have a resounding impact across a long period of time. If they create a strong family legacy, they'll have a greater chance of doing so. Or at least, that's the idea.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Some people want to feel like what they did in life will have a resounding impact across a long period of time. If they create a strong family legacy, they'll have a greater chance of doing so. Or at least, that's the idea.

and when it dies out from too much inbreeding, then what of your money? :pachaha: