The hype for Cyberpunk's Phantom Liberty has overtaken Starfield heavily

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You know literally, YEARS AGO, Cyberpunk released and was rated 4-6 on the majority of sites, nobody was playing it after days, no buzz surrounding it until some dlc released.

Starfield was a great game at release, and has potential much further than CP just based on all the extra shyt that can and will be added.

You literally just told the exact story of Starfield and the internet :pachaha:, but use the exact same story to diss it :mjlol:. For one, it's bu bu but y'all need updates and modders to save it, for a game that was great off rip. But for a completely broken mess, that was literally unplayable at launch, it's "look how great it is now :blessed:".

The hypocrisy is amazing
Cyberpunk 2077 had more potential in its buggy and glitchy launch state than Starfield. And I bytched about CP 2077 way harder than Starfield.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cyberpunk 2077 had more potential in its buggy and glitchy launch state than Starfield. And I bytched about CP 2077 way harder than Starfield.

Its also interesting because the narrative around cyberpunk was always “CDPR will eventually fix this” but with Starfield its “Modders will eventually fix this”

nikkas got no faith in Bethesda to even improve or add to their game in any meaningful way :dead:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Its also interesting because the narrative around cyberpunk was always “CDPR will eventually fix this” but with Starfield its “Modders will eventually fix this”

nikkas got no faith in Bethesda to even improve or add to their game in any meaningful way :dead:
I guarantee whenever they release a special edition, it will include fixes that were done by mods a week after the OG game dropped. It amazes me how Bethesda gets away with it. They should stop bullshytting and just release a rpg maker to the public, since that’s what people eventually do anyway. Have one for a fantasy setting, another with a wasteland survival setting, another in some sci-fi setting. Just let people go at it. Especially since it seems Bethesda is more interested in being able to interact with every teacup, so people can make videos of how teacups overflowing out of a room.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn I just checked myself.

IMG-1618.jpg

Ehhitsokayfield below top 10 played games on Steam.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
People for some reason don't understand that the foundation of Cyberpunk was really good. Technical issues can be ironed out. But if the world, writing, characters and art design sucks then there's no amount of patching that's going to fix it. Look at Forspoken, look at Avengers, look at Babylon's Fall

People who actually played Cyberpunk at launch understood that the game had sauce. It was just a buggy mess that never shoulda been attempted on previous gen consoles. But the shyt that made the game even halfway playable was Night City itself.

Now coupled with the hype from Edgerunners, people are seeing that this is arguably one of the best game worlds ever made. Not to mention there's a handful of characters with more personality then entire planets in Starfield. And I like both games...I actually think Starfield's art direction and design is really top notch. But it's the lack of personality and motivation for the player that makes the game drag.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Don't worry modders will fix Midfield while Bethesda spend another 5 years making a buggy mess with the next Elder scrolls.