The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
It’s funny how when black people want tangible policies it’s always benign neglect terminology like “black and Hispanic” or “minority” but as soon as they want someone to blame for their own incompetence all of a sudden black people exist as a standalone demographic :francis:

How isn't expanded tax credits not tangibles :patrice:

It's not reparations but it's definitely tangibles that will help a lot of working class Black folks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's not just him though, it's the party. It's a certain type of education, it's the belief of being better than not a part of.

There's a story about how his mom, to make up for him being this bi-racial kid from a single parent home, raised him to believe he was sort of better than everyone.
i hope they aren't paying attention to the goofy grifting c00n nikkaz online and think most brothas are like dem jackasses.

Daps
Which means he's missing the mark. There is not a lack of of engagement among black men, many are dying to be heard. They would love to be meaningfully engaged in a process which can move the country forward.
Many people tune out due to a lack of serious engagement and accountability on the side of government and politicians.
Empty promises and lip-service are not what they used to be. This idea of "we know best" noblesse oblige has been debunked by scholars like Lasch as having no meaningful impact on serious adults, especially when trust in institutions is at an all-time low, often for good reason. Treat the constituency as educated and engaged, instead of a means to an end.

Or, we can just blame a ****** I guess. It's always worked in the past.

you are in here catching feelings and writing article length reviews about a 90 second social media clip. he's on tour for days, clearly this is not the only thing he is saying.
here's another speech he gave today. almost 1 hour lol
do better.

Daps

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
saying as a black on man on this site of all places is insane

Lmaooooo, that's not even remotely true considering how opposed people are to what's happening in Lebanon, Syria and Palestine. black men are not even a thought of who to wag the finger at currently
as a black man, saying as a black man, in context, is insane. right. sad thing is thats not even the most absurd rhetoric being flown

Last edited:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
in what manner am i going off the deep end when drawing a parallel between black and jewish attitudes that flourished during the respective ascendancies of donald trump and hitler?

the analogy is backed by authorities on history whose breadth of knowledge far surpasses mine.

are they going off the deep end, as well?

:jbhmm:
You are demonstrating you do not know the history of Germany that lead up to WW2 and the rise of Hitler. You are making a comparison claim between the two, when the circumstances are not even remotely the same. You are attempting to foment fear, in the hope that you can scare people into voting the way you desire them to vote. Also, the country has more guns in it than people. Doing what the Nazis did is an impossibility. The best they could pull off is another succession of states, they could not enslave us since we are armed and make up a significant number of the US armed forces.

In fact, on the point about many Black Americans being armed. The party that seeks to unarm us, is not the Republican party.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I've been politically "active" for probably 25 years now. This is the first election where what Obama is saying doesn't reach me. There is a certain point where you can get so discouraged with the current state of affairs and your options that "best of 2 bad options" doesn't move you any more. I'll probably vote, but I know even if Kamala wins we're going to get a heavy does of "same ol'" pro corporate, scraps for the middle class, light pink governing.

Israel is still going to get all the backing it wants

Corporations are going to get free reign and either slaps on the wrist or regulators just looking the other way

More wealth transferred to the wealthy

Further decline of the US as we sell our souls to corporations who aren't even loyal to themselves; just enriching the CEOs who run them

EDIT: Today Citadel got fined $1 million dollars for fudging information in over 42 billion trades. Those fudged numbers were probably exploited for billions in profit.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Let the hate commence

In 2024 Black women are the cornerstone of our community. At my job there are rows and rows of sistren. All have a couple kids and all are doing it on their own.

If it wasn't for these heroic sists, there would be no Black family.

And now, 25% of Black men are supporting Trump? If the sistren do they thing and show out against Trump, then that would make them the responsible ones.

Shout out to all you smart Brehs who go against Trump.

You treacherous c00ns need to come to Black Jesus. Trump is NOT your friend.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
But when
He's likely talking towards the undecided and unregistered voters. Yes, we all know Black men and women who are registered will vote over 85-90% respectfully for the Dems, but since 2016, elections have been a bit unusually close, which means that the more newly registered or participating Black voters actively involved, the better chances of winning.

People complain about the last election in 2020 and this one potentially being too close but fail to understand that it's only close because there are not enough active voters to skew the balance ⚖️ in favor of one side.

That 85-90% of Black (men and women) voters voting Dem does not represent the entire Black population of potentially eligible voters. Obama is trying to encourage more Black people, men in particular who might not be active or undecided to support Kamala in November.

This isn't about the ones who are already surefire to vote come November; this is about the undecided, unregistered, and dormant (registered but inactive for whatever reason) voters to come out on November 5th.

Theyre not in that room he was in!
In East Liberty (Pittsburgh)? A lot of that area was gentrified and rebuilt and it's right next to Shadyside which has some "uppity", wanting to lean right black folks as well so yeah, I think a few of them in that room are going to be undecided and could be swayed by Barrack.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
you are in here catching feelings and writing article length reviews about a 90 second social media clip. he's on tour for days, clearly this is not the only thing he is saying.
here's another speech he gave today. almost 1 hour lol
do better.

Nothing to say, as I thought.

Go shill for daddy and stop replying to my post, goofy ass ho.