The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think that Jill Stein Breakfast Club interview had an impact on how Black people (Black men specifically) are perceiving the Democratic Party.

fukk jill stein.

1/1
This makes perfect sense, except the assumption that Jill Stein cares about Americans. She is boosted by fascists at home and abroad who know just what they are doing. But some of her voters do care, and I hope they read this piece of heartfelt reason.
Jill Stein, What the Hell Are You Doing? - WhoWhatWhy

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1842576669787271169/DkiLnAMP?format=jpg&name=medium[img]
[/SPOILER]
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
fukk jill stein.

1/1
This makes perfect sense, except the assumption that Jill Stein cares about Americans. She is boosted by fascists at home and abroad who know just what they are doing. But some of her voters do care, and I hope they read this piece of heartfelt reason.
Jill Stein, What the Hell Are You Doing? - WhoWhatWhy

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

I’m not talking about her as a person. I’m saying the optics of a White Woman arguing with a Black Woman with close relations to the Democratic Party (Angela Rye) about neither Party doing enough to change the conditions of Black ppl and Angela Rye being hostile to those critiques was not a good look for the Democratic Party.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I’m not talking about her as a person. I’m saying the optics of a White Woman arguing with a Black Woman with close relations to the Democratic Party (Angela Rye) about neither Party doing enough to change the conditions of Black ppl and Angela Rye being hostile to those critiques was not a good look for the Democratic Party.

it's literally disingenuous to claim "neither Party doing enough to change the conditions of Black ppl" when one party is actively trying to harm us and is backed by every law enforcement/corrections union and white supremacists group in the country.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
No population votes higher in elections per capita than Black people here in the US. So enough with this idea that we deserve to be admonished for not participating enough, when we participate in the election system higher than any other ethnicity.

What is really amazing is that even with our higher participation rates and our highest support for the Democratic party, our issues receive less consideration than migrants and LGBTQ+. We are quite frankly the mules for everyone else, our votes empowering their fights while ours languish and and we Black men are admonished for not doing enough.
This is 100% incorrect.

But White Americans are much more consistent voters than Black, Hispanic or Asian Americans. Compared with the national average of 37% who voted in 2018, 2020 and 2022, 43% of White citizens who were age eligible to vote in all three elections did so; just 24% did not vote in any of these.

Black, Hispanic and Asian adults lagged far behind, with 27% of Black, 19% of Hispanic and 21% of Asian age-eligible citizens voting in all three elections. Hispanic citizens were most likely to have not voted in any of the most recent three general elections (47%, compared with 36% for Black and 31% for Asian citizens ages 22 and older in 2022).

1. Voter turnout, 2018-2022

Daps
so, because a lot of black people are incapable of parsing the duplicitous doublespeak of jill stein, that they would withhold support of the woman running against a blatant nazi who now regularly traffics in anti-black rhetoric is understandable.

:unimpressed:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
And the worst part is these were normal concessions and conversations last century and even right up
to the last two times we had democrats running for president.
Speaking about integration, college education, supporting black families etc. was normal.

Now people just say "Are you fukkING CRAZY ? They don't have to just worry about US!".

All of sudden Black American anxieties about the economy and the unique position we're put in due to
systemic segregation is just "Extreme" and "Crazy".

No to go off topic but I spoke about segregation being baked into society from how travel is done down to how
entire cities were constructed and shaped. Chicago being a great example of this.

Shortly after I posted, one of the resident Coli Dem shills tripped over himself to call me "Crazy" and to say I'm "not adding to discussions".

These are irrational people.

Overtown in Miami immediately came to mind, it makes my blood fukking boil just thinking about I95 being dropped on top of it
There’s a great ig page segregation_by_design that actually shows maps and photos nationwide of former black neighborhoods completely destroyed by racist “urban planning”

lib123

All Star
Daps
Harris peaked after the DNC and has been losing support which is NOT good considering Trump has run a shytty campaign.

Obama is being trotted out to try and stop the bleeding but he cannot change people’s view of Harris.

She is just not taken seriously.

She's also recently making the mistake of trying to appeal to White voters who aren't going to vote for her anyways by talking about owning a glock and saying she would shoot intruders. Instead she should be focusing on the people on the fence about voting or not voting.

Daps
She's also recently making the mistake of trying to appeal to White voters who aren't going to vote for her anyways by talking about owning a glock and saying she would shoot intruders. Instead she should be focusing on the people on the fence about voting or not voting.
iowa, nebraska and texas are trending blue. no, that doesn’t mean she will win iowa or texas (she’s currently leading in nebraska), but it points towards the success she enjoys in chipping away at trump’s appeal to republicans who haven’t drank the MAGA koolaid.

Look at the numbers in pennsylvania, where she is ahead. she is polling well in traditionally red areas of that state.

so, her strategy of performing outreach to voters democrats would traditionally ignore seems to be paying off.

:francis:

lib123

All Star
Daps
iowa, nebraska and texas are trending blue. no, that doesn’t mean she will win iowa or texas (she’s currently leading in nebraska), but it points towards the success she enjoys in chipping away at trump’s appeal to republicans who haven’t drank the MAGA koolaid.

Look at the numbers in pennsylvania, where she is ahead. she is polling well in traditionally red areas of that state.

so, her strategy of performing outreach to voters democrats would traditionally ignore seems to be paying off.

:francis:

My point is she’s not winning over the gun owners by talking about owning a gun. And those states trending blue are reflective of shifting demographics which started before Kamala more than anything.