The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Your only looking at him as an individual,rather than as a member of the Democratic Party. This is a snowball rolling down a snowy hill. And thanks to "Bothsides" discourse,black peoples awareness to the disrespect is at an all time high. Yes this has caused some of us to reach to find disrespect in certain instances. But also has allowed us to see hypocrisy and disrespect in real time. Like I said,i dont think what he said was disrespectful in a vaccuum. But when disrespectimg and talking down to black men is a pattern from democratic schills, I cant fault some for feeling that way about his speech. I think its well intentioned,just bad timing. Had he been talking to everyday black men like Nina Turner,he wouldve known now is not the time.
I respect you for acknowledging it be a reach

I disagree with the methods, I still think a lot of us cut off our nose to spite our face, but I get it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What the hell does my enemy not doing for me have to do with this? I am talking about respecting those you need and align with you. Why the hell would I worry over what Trump says, besides voting against him (which I have stated I am doing multiple times). You want to get those undecided brothers to vote for Kamala, you give them the same respect you would give other ethnic groups in seeking their votes.

You guys are so scared of him, you are willing to allow Black man slander. You support Liberals so blindly, that you do not recognize when they are performing the same actions against Black men that Conservative racists do. Liberals can be racist and classist too. Yet, you all ignore that fact, when they are playing right in your face with it.
I’m editing because that came off very confrontational and that’s not my goal. When I’m not driving I’ll reply. What I’ll say though now, is that it does matter what the other side does bc then you’ll realize this isn’t personal attacks from Barry, it’s part of the political process.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Roland Martin doesn't seem to grasp this idea :mjlol:

And Democrats and Republicans have entire think tanks that figure out how a politician should talk. Talk this way so you relate,talk this way so you dont come off as arrogant or sexist. I get that they usually just find a politician from within the party to talk to those they may have trouble relating to. So they will find a woman to go appeal to women,a latino to talk to latino voters,a black person to talk to us,white southerner to talk to white southerners etc. The black people they send just be a little too comfortable with us is all we saying:mjlol:

I think some of us were more turned off by his speech because weve been told to stop talking about race specefic agendas. Stop asking democrats to focus so much on black folks. But then they send in Obama with this "brothas" talk:comeon:

Im sorry but which one is it? Yall can go to blackness and get race specefic when its convienient. But we are stirring up trouble when we ask tough questions?
2yudg78-jpg.gif

They had their chance,we begged for a year straight for black specefics. We kinda dont wanna even hear the word "black" from democrats at this point:respect:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Folk really arguing voting for this?

Who is arguing to vote for this?

Why is it you conflate people stating that we do not desire to be disrespected by the very party we support and need our support to win, with them voting for Trump? This line of argument by you is very disingenuous. So unless you can actually point towards people in this thread supporting Trump & Vance and direct your statements towards them, stop it with this generalized mischaracterization of Black men who expect to be given the same respect that every other ethnicity receives from the Democrats when their votes are sought.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Who is arguing to vote for this?

Why is it you conflate people stating that we do not desire to be disrespected by the very party we support and need our support to win, with them voting for Trump? This line of argument by you is very disingenuous. So unless you can actually point towards people in this thread supporting Trump & Vance and direct your statements towards them, stop it with this generalized mischaracterization of Black men who expect to be given the same respect that every other ethnicity receives when their votes are sought.
That poster doesn’t even live here in the US btw

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
nah, people aren’t feeling the same, considering her favorability is incredibly high, better than even hillary and biden’s during their respective campaign.

the more people learn about kamala, the more they like her.

you shouldn’t project your misogynoir on the rest of us.

:francis:
Misogynoir? :what: That let me know you are incapable of having a critical discussion on this topic. Have a nice weekend.