The Hidden History Museum Presented By Tariq Nasheed

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
IMO, the museum should have been a "traveling" museum. Rent out a space or something at a location when there is an event that's going to attract a large black population like the Essence festival, an HBCU Homecoming game(s), NAACP Image Awards, BET Awards, etc.
That makes a ton of sense and it's way harder for the government to shut him down or have a suspicious fire or something.

He could've also used it to promote FBA at these events and called out any events of venues that didn't allow him to set up.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I’m not taking any sides, but this is wrong. Annual memberships and fundraisers are cool, but just a way to interact with the public.

Most museums have departments of Institutional Advancement that are dedicated to getting major donations from major donors. Museums also have trustees and board members. It costs to be either.

Another thing Tariq doesn’t have is an endowment. He needs a board member to court someone to start one for the musuem.

Is that what he wants tho?

Brother, with all do respect, my cousin is Dr.
Charles H. Wright. And different family members sat as the Board Chairman of his museum at one time or another. I know how museums operate.

This isn't that type of museum. And won't ever be that type of museum where it will be able to cultivate an endowment.

Most African American museums around the country, including DuSable here in my city, have to sustain themselves from grants, donations, membership fees, and fundraisers. And I don't think the Hidden History museum will be able to qualify for grants.

So he's going to have to perennially raise funds from the public, which will be challenging considering his demographic. And based off the content he will exhibit (based off of his documentaries) it's going to be hard to secure major donations from either corporations or wealthy donors. What's left will be relying on membership fees, entrance fees, and fundraiser campaigns.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
IMO, the museum should have been a "traveling" museum. Rent out a space or something at a location when there is an event that's going to attract a large black population like the Essence festival, an HBCU Homecoming game(s), NAACP Image Awards, BET Awards, etc.

Fantastic idea breh

invalid

Banned
Daps

A pop-up museum would probably be more feasible. I just don't know what type curation or exhibits this museum will be able to procure. Is he able to obtain artifacts or anything?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
A pop-up museum would probably be more feasible. I just don't know what type curation or exhibits this museum will be able to procure. Is he able to obtain artifacts or anything?
That's why I said it will be a Hidden Colors Poster and an Yomo & Maulkie Tour jacket.

Tariq is radioactive to the artsy fartsy crowd. All those gay people in the arts community will play his "bussy"comments a zillion times to anyone who stands by him.

No one of significance will donate anything. He'll have to depend on souvenirs from his trips... except all of them especially the Olmec Heads will be tethers not FBA

Frankly the Smithsonian has most of the good artifacts of Black History.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

Legitimate black institutions don't want nothing to do with Tariq Nasheed, his poisonous rhetoric, or his shameless grifting the black community.

Imagine respectable entities like the NAACP, HBCUs, or Essence co-signing a bunch of replacement theory bullshyt about "tethers" and Afric00ns coming to take advantage of and murder African Americans. Imagine these entities co-signing hatred towards lgbtq individuals, "gay agenda" conspiracies, black women who are in relationships with non-black men, Africans and Caribbeans, Latinos, and whoever else Tariq decides is his grift-of-the-week target. Imagine them co-signing his don't vote engineering campaigns

Accusing all respectable and legitimate media outlets and black institutions of having agendas against "black Americans" in favor of black immigrants, other minorities, gay and lesbians, is part of his scam anyway. Tariq Nasheed is the black Alex Jones. It is his intention and his goal to isolate his cult-like audience from any other sources of information or from thinking freely and coming to their own conclusions about anything. Remaining ignorant and committed only to his words, his false information, his conspiracies, and his assertions.

Tariq Nasheed and his audience of fake militant cowards know that given the opportunity to take their black conservative, right wing-adjacent "FBA" ideology to a public forum where it can actually be reviewed and criticized by scholars, writers, historians, journalists, and real activists it would not hold up and he would look like the bigoted cult leader fool he is.

Tariq and his minions are cowards who prefer jeering at the world while remaining safe on the fringes of the internet to talk bullshyt. His fake museum will end up just being a storefront for his books and an event space for locals, and remain nothing but a cash cow to pull donations whenever he wants. Tariqs worst nightmare is having to step away from his echo chamber and actually engage with real black intellects, groups, and activists. He's happier just collecting money from his cult.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
This isn't that type of museum. And won't ever be that type of museum where it will be able to cultivate an endowment.

) it's going to be hard to secure major donations from either corporations or wealthy donors. What's left will be relying on membership fees, entrance fees, and fundraiser campaigns.

So then it’s just a room? :francis:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Why you think he hedged by saying it will be a multipurpose building?

Don't be surprised if someone opens a drive through Liquor store in the Museum.

I never saw him say that, but it makes sense. I ain’t mad at whatever he do it’s not my money :yeshrug:

I definitely think he needs a team working on this with him and if he does that’s good too.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brother, with all do respect, my cousin is Dr.
Charles H. Wright. And different family members sat as the Board Chairman of his museum at one time or another. I know how museums operate.

Most African American museums around the country, including DuSable here in my city, have to sustain themselves from grants, donations, membership fees, and fundraisers. And I don't think the Hidden History museum will be able to qualify for grants.

So he's going to have to perennially raise funds from the public, which will be challenging considering his demographic. And based off the content he will exhibit (based off of his documentaries) it's going to be hard to secure major donations from either corporations or wealthy donors. What's left will be relying on membership fees, entrance fees, and fundraiser campaigns.

That’s the play. You don’t see it? At some point in the next couple of years, he will be forced to close down the museum due to “operating costs” which he’ll blame on trifling black people failing to donate enough.

He’ll get to keep the building though.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Museums charge for memberships and have to do annual fundraisers to sustain themselves.

This isn't out of the ordinary.

In fact, Tariq is going to have an uphill battle because this museum is only going to attract a small demographic in the black community and it's the brokest demographic at that.
He's not soliciting memberships tho. If he was he would have asked people so become a member. He's asking for donations on autopay like this is the World Wildlife Fund
The more important question is, did you sign up to donate monthly to this individually owned and controlled museum? :jbhmm:
Idk how you attributed that to me but I did not say that :what:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not soliciting memberships tho. If he was he would have asked people so become a member. He's asking for donations on autopay like this is the World Wildlife Fund

Idk how you attributed that to me but I did not say that :what:

My bad. Thought you were one of the Walking Dead TN supporters. To answer your question, I follow Boochie Bear on YouTube because he stays shytting on Tariq which I find thoroughly entertaining.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
My bad. Thought you were one of the Walking Dead TN supporters. To answer your question, I follow Boochie Bear on YouTube because he stays shytting on Tariq which I find thoroughly entertaining.
The one thing I'll grant the 'Riq supporters is focusing on shytting on one Man is kind of goofy. I know the PanAfricanism Strikes Back guy focuses on other things but what Tariq got going on is very small.

If PASB is fighting for the hearts and Minds of Pro Blacks it's gonna be a hard sell to get Pro Blacks to be Anti Africa. There's got to be way more Repat FBA's in Africa than subs to Tariq's channel and the amount of FBA who would even consider moving to Africa is a tiny minority of Black People.

Again it's like Lenon Honor and those trying to ëxpose" Umar you're not gonna convince everyone especially because it's a good cause.

At the end of the day if all the naysayers are wrong and this isn't a naked cash grab Then will have an FBA Museum and that's not a bad thing at all.

If we're right and the building is sold for millions in a few years we can say I told you so and even the most ardent supporter will be hard pressed to make sense of that.

So it's w win either way.