The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Impressive win.
But I'm still holding back from jumping on the band wagon.

Miami scored 28 points in the 4th quarter. They were set to lose this game.

Tyreek Hill caught a 48 yard TD and a 60 yard TD. The 60 yarder being an obvious blown coverage.

While it's great to see that Miami has the potential for explosive plays, against better teams you'd like to see more sustained, longer drives to prove that your system is solid.

Long bombs like that are more flukes than something to be relied upon week after week.

To reiterate though, very impressive win. And definitely something to build on and boost team morale.
Just enjoy the win breh. Football is a weird unpredictable sport, everybody knows not to expect what we seen yesterday to be the norm

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
We can’t get down on buffalo tho Josh Allen ain’t blowing no 30 point leads

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Do the people who wanted Devonta Smith still mad we took Waddle instead?

Waddle aint no cheetah but he's turning into a beast in his own right. Didnt seem like we were missing a beat while Hill was out a few plays. But then again cheetah's gonna cheetah and we saw how that went on those 48 and 60 yard bombs. :pachaha:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Its crazy . Those receivers were so open even Tua’s lack of arm strength and them waiting or slowing up on the ball (minus one deep ball he threw to TH in stride) didnt matter.

Waddle and Hill are going to put pressure on any defense they face. Doesnt matter if Tua doesnt have a great arm. Hes great at 15 yards or less and I dont see anyone preventing them from being in situations where they will have more than that to conquer.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Do the people who wanted Devonta Smith still mad we took Waddle instead?

Waddle aint no cheetah but he's turning into a beast in his own right. Didnt seem like we were missing a beat while Hill was out a few plays. But then again cheetah's gonna cheetah and we saw how that went on those 48 and 60 yard bombs. :pachaha:

Argument should've been deaded last year. Waddle, without Cheetah on the other end, is still a pro bowl level receiver. Together they could be an all time duo.

Like Jerry Rice and TO...or Jerry Rice and John Taylor....or Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. Goddamn Jerry is a GOD :wow:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
For you football experts

Is “lack of arm strength” throwing the ball something that can be fixed/improved?

Looking at @NYC Rebel ’s comment about lack of arm strength . Tua doesn’t seem like someone who’s lazy in the gym. Aren’t there exercises you can do for arm, shoulders , wrists and forearms that can improve this?
The way I look at it it’s still muscles and strength comes from a combination of muscles . Just wondering:manny:

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
For you football experts

Is “lack of arm strength” throwing the ball something that can be fixed/improved?

Looking at @NYC Rebel ’s comment about lack of arm strength . Tua doesn’t seem like someone who’s lazy in the gym. Aren’t there exercises you can do for arm, shoulders , wrists and forearms that can improve this?
The way I look at it it’s still muscles and strength comes from a combination of muscles . Just wondering:manny:
Brady eventually was able to increase his deep ball from workouts

But I mean it’s kinda overrated in this era

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Brady eventually was able to increase his deep ball from workouts

But I mean it’s kinda overrated in this era
You can’t call overrated on that particular team. That team is built to go deep

Da_Eggman

Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
You can’t call overrated on that particular team. That team is built to go deep
Jus saying history has proven it’s an overrated skill really

Tua can be Steve Young and just find his spots and let the receivers do what they do

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For you football experts

Not really. He ain’t some 14 year old kid. His arm strength is what it is at this point

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Not really. He ain’t some 14 year old kid. His arm strength is what it is at this point
I dont know. Maybe im looking at it wrong but i feel like any "strength" could always improve since it's a combination of different muscles that need to be worked on as opposed to say, hand-eye coordination which would be harder to be taught.

I'm sure "arm strength" doesnt only involve arms per se but would be a combination of arms, wrists, forearm, shoulders and to some degree, core muscles.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
For you football experts

Nah not really.
Technique can be changed to add a little extra and you can increase your core strength but what you got is basically what you got. And it only diminishes with time.
That hip injury robbed him of some of his zip. He never had a cannon but he had enough to get it down the field pretty well and put it in some tight spots. He can't do it as well anymore cause I dont think he can push off like he used to.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Now onto the Bills. How do we stop them clowns? And their D ain’t nothing to play with either