The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
No Achane, really hurts our chances against Philly. Hopefully he's back for the KC game.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silver lining is that barring any setbacks, all of our injured players will be back for the playoff stretch run late in the year.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My past trauma won’t let me think positively but I hope you’re right

Past trauma aside, this year is setting pretty nicely if you think about it.

The majority of our injured players are scheduled to return for the middle / late November. That's enough time get a in game shape as well as get some in game time for the December stretch. (By all indications Ramsey seems ahead of schedule)

What was once looked at as a brutal schedule has softened up a ton. Miami should be favs 7 of the next 9 games. This stretch run where we'll face Philly and KC is important if we are looking to be taken seriously and to challenge for the top seed in the AFC. Realistically I'd accept a split in those 2 games preferably with a KC win as they're a conference opponent.

So realistically Miami should be to at the very worst at 8 wins before we reach the December slate of games. That's barring any other major injuries or us completely shytting the bed against mediocre or bad teams.

The schedule makers smiled on us and gave us most of our road games early in the year. 4 out of our last 5 games are home games. We're avoiding the usual late year cold away games especiallyin Buffalo and at the Jets.

As a matter of fact Miami may only be facing 3 possible "cold weather" games.
The Jets for black Friday, the Commanders the following week and the Ravens new years eve. (Imo Ravens game has the highest probability of being the only real "snow type" cold game possibility.)

The football gods really hate us if we somehow can't manage a decent playoff run out of this scenario.

Last edited:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Past trauma aside, this year is setting pretty nicely if you think about it.

The majority of our injured players are scheduled to return for the middle / late November. That's enough time get a in game shape as well as get some in game time for the December stretch. (By all indications Ramsey seems ahead of schedule)

What was once looked at as a brutal schedule has softened up a ton. Miami should be favs 7 of the next 9 games. This stretch run where we'll face Philly and KC is important if we are looking to be taken seriously and to challenge for the top seed in the AFC. Realistically I'd accept a split in those 2 games preferably with a KC win as they're a conference opponent.

So realistically Miami should be to at the very worst at 8 wins before we reach the December slate of games. That's barring any other major injuries or us completely shytting the bed against mediocre or bad teams.

The schedule makers smiled on us and gave us most of our road games early in the year. 4 out of our last 5 games are home games. We're avoiding the usual late year cold away games especiallyin Buffalo and at the Jets.

As a matter of fact Miami may only be facing 3 possible "cold weather" games.
The Jets for black Friday, the Commanders the following week and the Ravens new years eve. (Imo Ravens game has the highest probability of being the only real "snow type" cold game possibility.)

The football gods really hate us if we somehow can't manage a decent playoff run out of this scenario.
I don't know enough math to count how many times this has happened in the past. shyt it happened multiple times last season. Like @intruder said we're a traumatized fan base. We're all gassed now but it's way too early and the one contender we've faced so far rocked the Fins to sleep.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Coming into the season I would have sworn the defense was gonna be our strongest unit. Especially the D-line and secondary.
Boy was I wrong so far :beli:

I know some may find it hard to believe but I was still so skeptical of the o-line and thought the D would dominate

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Imagine a world where we have the offense we have, able to turn it on at will and casually hang 4 TDs on some Al Bundy in high school shyt with the Jets defense, never giving up and having the killer instinct.

Now with the Jetties handing us this gift, how will the Fins perform next week? Another sonning by a contender like in Buffalo or going for the Eagles throat?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Eagles gonna be ready as I’m sure they don’t wanna lose 2 in a row.

Hope McDaniels and Fangio got their bags of tricks ready and Connor Williams is good to go.

Beating Philly will shut down the naysayers argument that we’re only beating shytty squads

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
For months in my head I keep having this scenario where it’s late in a big game and Tua is getting off the field (either after an turnover or 4th down, not clear) and he grabs X on and tells him to “just get me that ball back. I got them “. End up winning.

Don’t know if it’s a dream I had and I keep thinking about it or what. All I know is despite our success so far I still don’t feel we’re playing up to our potential.

But if Ramsay is effective coming back and this defense wakes up… God forbid Armstead comes back soon with Achane and the rest of the crew remains healthy for us to be able to run and physically wear out defenses before we drop Cheetah and Waddle bombs on them

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Hopefully that’s the game the defense needed to wake up and realize it’s potential and we’ll be better moving forward as the offense regroups and recalibrates

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Even without the refs gifting Philly phantom calls, Fins D was ass juice and not much to be done when the offense doesn't get going. Yeah a requisite Tua to Hill TD and a pick 6 is always cool, but Philly getting ZERO calls against them is some other shyt. FOH