The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

Dontdoit3

All Star
Daps
It was against a damn good QB :manny:
Most analysts would put Herbert in the elite category. You’re not gonna shut down an entire offense lead by an elite QB very often.

That’s BSPN and the rest of the media giving him the Boston Celtics special lol. I wold put him in the above average but not elite category. They just started taking his handcuffs off this season and letting him run things a bit. Tuas been doing that. I wouldn’t trust that guy when the game is on the line. I’ve witnessed too many of his late game drives end in disaster and there’s always an excuse. He is all hype. I see more Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers in him to be honest. Mixed with shades of Tannehill. I remain unimpressed. The truly elite QBs right now I would say are Mahomes Burrow and Josh Allen and maybe Hurts. Tua could be on his way there if he can stay healthy.

But yea I think we contained Herbert pretty well. It was the run defense that was awful. They should have kept running.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
A win's a win but I'm not sold on Tua. Lots of underthrows still. And that bullshyt with the snaps at the beginning cost us a potential TD
I kept thinking imagine if we drafted Herbert instead.
Miami twitter went ham last night, talking about Tua is HIM. Not so fast. Like The Wolf said let's not start sucking each other's dikks just yet.
I'm not hating, all I'm saying is I want consistency from Tua. If by mid-season he's putting up solid numbers game after game I'll STFU
Getting into a QB duel might not turn out so well against the Bills and Jets, cuz just like back in the Marino glory days the defense is sus
Prime time on SNF next...can't do worse than the Giants lol

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A win's a win but I'm not sold on Tua. Lots of underthrows still. And that bullshyt with the snaps at the beginning cost us a potential TD
I kept thinking imagine if we drafted Herbert instead.
Miami twitter went ham last night, talking about Tua is HIM. Not so fast. Like The Wolf said let's not start sucking each other's dikks just yet.
I'm not hating, all I'm saying is I want consistency from Tua. If by mid-season he's putting up solid numbers game after game I'll STFU
Getting into a QB duel might not turn out so well against the Bills and Jets, cuz just like back in the Marino glory days the defense is sus
Prime time on SNF next...can't do worse than the Giants lol
There was some under throws but there was plenty clutch throws too. Can’t talk about the bad without talking about the good too. Tua ain’t got a cannon but you got to have some arm strength to make this type of throw

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That’s BSPN and the rest of the media giving him the Boston Celtics special lol. I wold put him in the above average but not elite category. They just started taking his handcuffs off this season and letting him run things a bit. Tuas been doing that. I wouldn’t trust that guy when the game is on the line. I’ve witnessed too many of his late game drives end in disaster and there’s always an excuse. He is all hype. I see more Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers in him to be honest. Mixed with shades of Tannehill. I remain unimpressed. The truly elite QBs right now I would say are Mahomes Burrow and Josh Allen and maybe Hurts. Tua could be on his way there if he can stay healthy.

But yea I think we contained Herbert pretty well. It was the run defense that was awful. They should have kept running.

I'll admit he's a bit overhyped but i cant dismiss him as on the path to be elite either. It's not like he has elite talent all around him on the offense. Tua does now.

But Herbert's been (at least) good so far. Remember he's still a 3rd year QB which is the year they expect the "light to come on" for most young QBs. He's a year ahead. Since his rookie year he's made people see he was worth that top 10 pick. Some people still question Tua as a top 10 pick and honestly and based on their performances i would say Tua is more suspect.

I like Tua's game and ability to make good decisions more than i do Herbert's but If i need a QB for one year THIS YEAR i cant say im blindly taking Tua without knowing what else i have on that team around him.

Dontdoit3

All Star
Daps
I'll admit he's a bit overhyped but i cant dismiss him as on the path to be elite either. It's not like he has elite talent all around him on the offense. Tua does now.

But Herbert's been (at least) good so far. Remember he's still a 3rd year QB which is the year they expect the "light to come on" for most young QBs. He's a year ahead. Since his rookie year he's made people see he was worth that top 10 pick. Some people still question Tua as a top 10 pick and honestly and based on their performances i would say Tua is more suspect.

I like Tua's game and ability to make good decisions more than i do Herbert's but If i need a QB for one year THIS YEAR i cant say im blindly taking Tua without knowing what else i have on that team around him.

Yea I understand. Your concerns about Tua are valid. Especially given Tuas injury history I can’t say I trust him to last the season so if I had to pick I would probably have to take Herbert for just this 1 season. I just trust Tua when the game is on the line. I feel he has that IT factor that I just don’t see yet in Herbert.

Like if you said “hey I need you to play one game for me. Super Bowl!” I’m taking Tua.

“I need you to play 1 season.” Herbert. He’s more than capable of carrying your offense and is a very good player. You can win with him like Matthew Stanford did with the Rams.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

This is my ignorance when it comes to arm strength. I dont get it. Some players have to put a little more effort to get the ball at the same distance than others. I dont see why it's such a big deal.

Like people always say Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford have a "cannon of an arm". I honestly dont see the difference between them throwing it and Tua. Perhaps someone whos. knows more about football can point out what im missing.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
But for real, tho for all the money we paying Fangio the defense better be a top 10 if not top 5 defense. Even without Ramsey :ufdup:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
F6RyrPiWwAA33Nx

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Broncos up next.

I’m guessing Sean Payton and Russell Wilson aren’t down with starting the season 0-3 so they’re gonna fight and claw to make this a game.

We’ll be ready

Hope Waddle, Armstead and Phillips are okay