The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is my ignorance when it comes to arm strength. I dont get it. Some players have to put a little more effort to get the ball at the same distance than others. I dont see why it's such a big deal.

Like people always say Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford have a "cannon of an arm". I honestly dont see the difference between them throwing it and Tua. Perhaps someone whos. knows more about football can point out what im missing.
I mean, Drew Brees and Denver Peyton Manning are great examples of it being a overrated factor.

It's the same thing in other sports as well and all the way to fighter jets. The winner is the one who knows how to win and make the opposition play into their strengths. Tua, Brees, Wilson, Eli and Peyton Manning, etc. got years of knowing how to use what they got.

Peyton Manning had a stronger arm on the Colts, but not like a Brady, Favre, Vick-level cannon. Yet the current record for most TD's thrown in a single season was during his time with Denver, where his arm was basically bottom-tier in the league. The mental is so much more important and Tua got that.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, Drew Brees and Denver Peyton Manning are great examples of it being a overrated factor.

It's the same thing in other sports as well and all the way to fighter jets. The winner is the one who knows how to win and make the opposition play into their strengths. Tua, Brees, Wilson, Eli and Peyton Manning, etc. got years of knowing how to use what they got.

Peyton Manning had a stronger arm on the Colts, but not like a Brady, Favre, Vick-level cannon. Yet the current record for most TD's thrown in a single season was during his time with Denver, where his arm was basically bottom-tier in the league. The mental is so much more important and Tua got that.
Brady didn’t have a cannon either

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Rookie RB Achane showed some grit on that TD run. He's small but broke 4.5 tackles to get himself in there

Last edited: