The great Allen Iverson to get a statue in front of the 76ers arena

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
This is being done by the 76ers.
Wilt brought them their first title I believe
Moses one of the greatest players ever started in the NBA with them, technically NBA doesn't count ABA record I think so he started in Philly and him and the doc won a title

Barkley another atg player who gave years to Philly.

Sorry ai jumping the line over atg player, greater than him who brought titles doesn't sit right with. Me.
Moses started in Houston in the NBA

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
IMG-5115.webp
If it wasn’t for him, there would’ve been no AI

No Georgetown, no nothing.

Iverson’s story would’ve been worse than Lenny Cooke. 15 years he got, and if not for the first black governor being in office, at the time and pardoned him after serving 4 months, he would’ve done at least 10.

Then thank John Thompson, who made sure he only played basketball.

Iverson was definitely blessed. Blessed with talent and blessed with opportunity.

Salute 🫡

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
A statue for a dude that never won a title. :francis:

The most culturally influential player of his era, & he took a game off of the Lakers and gave Shaq & Kobe their only L of the '01 postseason. He's a cultural icon. It's bigger than wins & losses. :manny:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The most culturally influential player of his era, & he took a game off of the Lakers and gave Shaq & Kobe their only L of the '01 postseason. He's a cultural icon. It's bigger than wins & losses. :manny:
I'll never forget going to the Puerto Rican Day parade in NYC the year the Sixers were in the Finals and half the young people there were wearing AI arm sleeves for no reason. :mjlol:

Dude was a phenomenom.

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'll never going to the Puerto Rican Day parade in NYC the year the Sixers were in the Finals and half the young people there were wearing AI arm sleeves for no reason. :mjlol:

Dude was a phenomenom.

You couldn't even get #3 -- in any sport. Everyone was braided up & wearing the arm sleeve. Stern organizing task forces & instituting dress codes. :wow:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
and they know better than anyone what Iverson means to the city and their team.

The end.

Sports really isn’t that difficult.
lol
Yeah ignore the greatest players who played for your franchise for the most recent one because it gets you media attention.
No different than Stern ignoring NBA history to make it Jordan's league.

Its disrespectful for every Philly 76er legend for the first statue to go to AI , if that is the case.
period.

Moses started in Houston in the NBA
You are right

Doc and Wilt have statues. Theres a small Barkley and another smaller Doc one at the practice facility in Camden.

Iverson definitely deserves one outside the arena.
If they have Doc, Wilt statues cool, really should have a Moses one as well, but whatever. Nothing to say if the earlier greats were recognized.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
lol
Yeah ignore the greatest players who played for your franchise for the most recent one because it gets you media attention.
No different than Stern ignoring NBA history to make it Jordan's league.

Its disrespectful for every Philly 76er legend for the first statue to go to AI , if that is the case.
period.

You are right

If they have Doc, Wilt statues cool, really should have a Moses one as well, but whatever. Nothing to say if the earlier greats were recognized.
You have nothing to say period log off