Too much Flossing, too much Sam Rothstein
-jayz

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Will. NOT. learn.

:francis::francis::francis:

Taken from:

Metro Atlanta Residents Get New Details On Proposed I-285 Top End Express Lanes Project​

Residents in Metro Atlanta are getting new details on the I-285 Top End Express Lanes project, revealing the displacement of 21 residences and 44 businesses, as well as potential noise impacts and increased transit options. The $9.5 billion project aims to reduce travel times and manage congestion through toll lanes, with private investment playing a role in financing. Construction is set to start in the coming years.​

Toll lanes along the top end of the Atlanta Perimeter and adjoining highways would displace 21 residences and 44 businesses, an environmental study has found.

The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) also would acquire slivers of numerous other properties to build the toll lanes. And the project would increase noise in the area and have other adverse impacts, according to the study, though the state agency would build noise barriers and take other steps to mitigate the effects.

The toll lanes along Interstate 285 and portions of Ga. Highway 400 and I-85 would be designed to reduce travel times by 39 percent for motorists who paid to use them, and 8 percent for those who drove in the "free" lanes, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution learned.

Additionally, the new lanes would allow MARTA and other transit agencies in metro Atlanta to operate rapid bus lines on one of the busiest, most congested stretches of interstate highway in the country.

Construction of the I-285 Top End Express Lanes project is still years away, but GDOT has disclosed those and other details of the $9.5 billion project as it seeks public input and prepares to finalize the environmental study. The findings drew a mixed response from area residents who attended an open house about the project recently in Dunwoody.

Town resident Robert Wittenstein told the Atlanta newspaper that he wishes state and local officials had pursued a light-rail line along the Perimeter instead of adding more highway lanes. He worries about the impact of more vehicles on a stretch of highway already traveled by more than 240,000 cars and trucks each weekday.

"I care very deeply about this community," he said. "I think this is a missed opportunity."

Jerry Adams, another Dunwoody resident, was resigned to the project, which abuts his neighborhood.

"I guess, personally, I must say it has to be done," he added. "I'll give [GDOT] the benefit of the doubt that they've done their due diligence."

Details of the project come from a draft environmental study prepared by the state transportation department and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).

GDOT plans to build two toll lanes in each direction along 19 mi. of I-285 between South Atlanta Road and Henderson Road. Barriers would separate the express lanes from regular traffic.

The project also would include toll lanes along 3.5 mi. of Ga. 400 from the Glenridge Connector to the North Springs MARTA station, and along 1 mi. of I-85 from the Perimeter to Pleasantdale Road.

The new Perimeter lanes are part of GDOT's larger plan to build a 120-mi. network of metro Atlanta toll lanes. The agency already has opened lanes along 67 mi. of I-85 northeast of Atlanta, I-75 and I-575 to the northwest, and I-75 south of the city.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
When I moved here 12 years ago they had the stickers on the windshield.

Is that what they’re trying to do again?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
When I moved here 12 years ago they had the stickers on the windshield.

Is that what they’re trying to do again?

If you're familiar with Florida's SunPass...it's pretty much going to be exactly that. Floating per-use pricing so exorbitant that it pushes you to buy monthly or yearly passes. Paying for the privilege of more congestion.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anybody know any information/personal anecdotes on 100 Black Men of Atlanta?

I think I know the dude who make they apparel. Gregory Clothier or some shyt. GLC. He got a boutique off Peachtree st and I use his tailor. He was meeting with them like last year when I stopped in there to get some shyt done, and he got a lot of they clothes in there. Pretty sure he make they shyt. Cool older dude.

Beside that I don’t know anything about them or the organization.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I think I know the dude who make they apparel. Gregory Clothier or some shyt. GLC. He got a boutique off Peachtree st and I use his tailor. He was meeting with them like last year when I stopped in there to get some shyt done, and he got a lot of they clothes in there. Pretty sure he make they shyt. Cool older dude.

Beside that I don’t know anything about them or the organization.
appreciate the background breh.

Got a breh at my job who wants me to connect me with a breh apart of their org. If the opportunity is there and it aligns with me I’ll love to be apart of it

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Got a breh at my job who wants me to connect me with a breh apart of their org. If the opportunity is there and it aligns with me I’ll love to be apart of it

Don’t know much but from what I know they seem connected to the community and got a presence for sure. I just never knew exactly what they did but always knew about them. That guy who owns that shop is connected too. Was in there one time and I couldn’t tell for sure, but from the conversation he was having with a guy in there, think dude was the mayors security or on the detail. I was like damn this nikka plugged in with the mayor lol

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
I was recently advised to look up 100 Black Men to find an organization of like minded Brothers.

Either that or the grad chapter here.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

I was actually on a zoom call about week ago with them to learn about the membership process. It requires a lot of your time and resources, so if you already have a busy schedule, it might not be for you. Plus the dues/fees are around $1500 I believe, and you have to attend in-person to all their meetings, zoom/virtual is not offered. Also, you’ll need someone to sponsor you to even apply for membership.