"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Anybody here in ATL want to be on a Podcast/Talk show? I started one up a few weeks ago and I'm still kind of etching out the details. The two cohosts I have are artists and I know for sure they're probably not in it for the long run(since it'll probably interfere with their artistry)

I'd rather you be up on Hip Hop mostly(But sports, current events is a plus too) I have all of the equipment already, and multiple locations. Even if you want to be a guest on a episode, I'm with it.

I posted a few episodes up already on Youtube and Soundcloud. Still waiting on Apple to confirm other episodes

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trying to decide if I wanna move Downtown or McDonough :jbhmm:

Downtown is centrally located, and I can get to places quick, but ima country boy at heart & I like the slowness of McDonugh.

Found a spot down there in a majority black area, but in Atlanta I’m looking at the GE Towers around the corner from Mercedes Benz & Philips Arena

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Downtown is centrally located, and I can get to places quick, but ima country boy at heart & I like the slowness of McDonugh.

Found a spot down there in a majority black area, but in Atlanta I’m looking at the GE Towers around the corner from Mercedes Benz & Philips Arena

I wouldnt move to McDonough unless i had a family and could really take advantage of the larger homes and lots you can get down there. If you still trying to mingle in the city that commute is going to get old FAST and people arent going to want to drive to McDonough to chill with you.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I wouldnt move to McDonough unless i had a family and could really take advantage of the larger homes and lots you can get down there. If you still trying to mingle in the city that commute is going to get old FAST and people arent going to want to drive to McDonough to chill with you.

you right breh. I stay in Fayetteville now, and whenever me and my girl go out I gotta go to Conyers to scoop her up then we hit the city. Being in the city she can just come to me, and when I kick it with my boys at Twin Peaks the drive won be that far if I move to Atlanta.

my job is a big part of that decision too. I teach in South Fulton, but I was thinking about transferring to DeKalb or North Fulton next school year. ATL might be a better bet

Traffic was my main concern but traffic in McDonough is ridiculous like it is in the city.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

McDonough’s cool if you have a school aged child. Lots of black middle class.

But downtown is cool and you’ll hit a lick once the gulch is built out

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA

Downtown is really centrally locted. You can’t go wrong plus I couldn’t imagine living in the suburbs of Atl

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brehs have y’all ever heard of this retail district called Glenwood Park off of Moreland?

It’s like a mini L5P tucked inside a neighborhood. I been coming to east Atlanta for years and never heard of this shyt :dwillhuh:

My class is here for a field trip

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Brehs have y’all ever heard of this retail district called Glenwood Park off of Moreland?

It’s like a mini L5P tucked inside a neighborhood. I been coming to east Atlanta for years and never heard of this shyt :dwillhuh:

My class is here for a field trip
Yeah the Kroger over here might be the best in They got a jerk chicken spot staffed by cacs :scust:. Mostly cacs live in the residential luxury apartments there but the apts are nice af and cheap compared to NY prices (which I compare everything to) . East Atl is my favorite part of Atlanta. Too many spots for food and drinks nice apts plus cool looking houses. Hoping to buy in the area in a year.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I toured a spot in Buckhead earlier today and the rent is $800 :patrice:

One on hand it’s in Buckhead, but on the other hand it’s a old style complex & it looks like they were supposed to renovate that shyt 20 years ago