"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Where on Marietta street is a 2 br for $1600?

I didn’t say that was my budget :heh:

Triple B’s only over here pleighboi:salute:

What I said, was that I’ve spent the last 3-4 months apartment hunting and have seen a bunch of good apartments in good areas priced in that 15-1700 price range for TWO bedrooms

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You on one for real breh. I’ve met @AVXL before. He a SW/Zone 4 breh thru and thru, like if I didn’t know where he was from already I would’ve guessed SWATS just how he comes off. And breh a family man, so I understand why he lives where he lives. Westside to Cobb/Douglas moves ain’t exactly uncommon with folks from our side anyway. That’s pretty much how it goes, grow up, get money and move out that way. See you thinking about it from a ITP gentrification POV, but I know a lot of folks who went out that way because it was a sign of moving up. And it is if you grew up over there, because if you stay round the way folks will think you’re a bum. That’s usually how it goes anyway breh, it’s the new comers who the most extra with that ITP shyt anyway. I’m in the city, not in the areas I grew up in but I don’t have a family either. Most the brehs I grew up with do have fams and they stay out that way now. No way in hell you gonna tell me these nikkas ain’t no stereotypical Atlanta nikkas. Everybody doesn’t have the luxury to cop shyt and play the long game, lot of brehs got kids and they worrying bout schools and crime in the area. They ain’t got the time to for some shyt to turn the corner.

Yeah Man @AVXL got youngins to raise, got put them in the right place for certain.

Appreciate the support brehs :salute:

Opinions aint aint work. We all men, he can lead his family how he wants, nobody is asking for unity.
:manny:

I'm trying to work with other men who want to build, not be commentary.

Breh I lived in Adams Park as recently as fall of 2012. :mjlol: @ 1995. Funny thing is that I'm in and support black businesses and black churches in the same community that I been at since I moved back to Cascade. Yea I don't currently live there but it's still home and I'm there a couple days out the wk

Nothing about anything you've said or seem to stand for indicates that you want to build with people. You draw imaginary lines in the sand, pit people against each other and in your own words "don't want unity".

I'm disappointed that as black men from Atlanta we can't build without it being some bullshyt because of where somebody lives in and around Atlanta

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
LOL at 2 br inside 285 for $1600. nikka gonna be in the projects. $1600 is 1 bedroom status these days. Unless he look at something like Vinings and get lucky :ehh:

Nah you can find a 2 BR in Vinings for that...shyt we were at Elysian at Vinings off Cumberland Pkwy for $1500 as recently as last yr. @Steel i would recommend Smyrna/Vinings between S Atlanta & S Cobb off 285. Lots of town homes/apts and you've got everything you would want right next to you

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yall and these zip code wars :bryan:

I agree this shyt is dumb. Negroes getting territorial over petty shyt, I want to us to come together to get some shyt done in our community, if I made the decision to move out of the SWATS to become a homeowner that's my choice, that doesn't mean I shouldn't concern myself with the city anymore, the fukk :dahell: :pachaha:

Shout out Miles marching band in the Battle of the Bands today :salute:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Appreciate the support brehs :salute:

Breh I lived in Adams Park as recently as fall of 2012. :mjlol: @ 1995. Funny thing is that I'm in and support black businesses and black churches in the same community that I been at since I moved back to Cascade. Yea I don't currently live there but it's still home and I'm there a couple days out the wk

Nothing about anything you've said or seem to stand for indicates that you want to build with people. You draw imaginary lines in the sand, pit people against each other and in your own words "don't want unity".

I'm disappointed that as black men from Atlanta we can't build without it being some bullshyt because of where somebody lives in and around Atlanta

You the only one hurt about not living in ATL breh lol how you turn everything into beinf about you is beyond me. Lol keep your insecurities away from me.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Ryan Cameron leaves V-103, joining branding company Rakanter
January 26, 2018 Radio, sp-myatlanta, spcontent.

ryan-cameron-2016.jpg

Ryan Cameron publicity photo 2016.

Posted Friday, January 26, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

Ryan Cameron, one of the most indelible hometown radio personalities in Atlanta history, is leaving the business to become a partner at a new Atlanta-based branding firm called Rakanter.

He made the surprise announcement this morning on V-103, leaving the still coveted morning slot after five years.

“I have done everything I can in this field,” said Cameron, who joined V-103 in 1991 and has worked there a collective 18 years over two separate stints. “It’s time for another chapter in my life.”

RELATED: Who will replace Cameron?

Rakanter founder Peter Sorckoff was former creative content officer for the Atlanta Hawks, where Cameron has been the long-time game announcer. Sorckoff approached Cameron with this opportunity last year, a chance for the Atlanta native to go in a different career direction, a direction that will enable him to work with major brands such as AT&T, Coca Cola, the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Jets and the Australian rugby team.

With his contract up at the end of the month, the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame inductee decided to move on. He said his final day will be Friday, February 2.

“What I need to do is better myself,” Cameron said. “I’ve been presented an opportunity to do something a lot of people of color aren’t able to do. That is being brought in on the ground level of a very successful business as a partner. Not an employee but a partner.”

Ultimately, he said on air, “I have yacht dreams. So I want you to have yacht dreams.”

He thanked his employer: ” My tenure here at V-103 has been the most fulfilling thing I could ever have done but I have to feel there’s something else that I can do.”

Cameron, 52, was one of the first jocks in town to play rap at V-103 in the early ’90s. He introduced TLC to Atlanta. In 1996, he took over the morning slot at Atlanta’s first rap station, Hot 97.5 (now Hot 107.9), where he nurtured interns such as rapper Ludacris and MTV VJ LaLa.

He spent eight years there, eventually challenging and sometimes beating V-103’s Frank Ski for supremacy among younger listeners. In 2005, he returned to V-103 as an afternoon host.

When Ski left at the end of 2012, Cameron took over the morning show, eventually joined by Ski’s former partner Wanda Smith.

“I’m so proud of you,” Smith said. “I thank you for the years we’ve been friends. We’ve been cool since day one. Congratulations to you.”

Cameron’s voice will not disappear immediately from the airwaves. He plans to continue to do radio ad endorsements. And he plans to continue to do Hawks announcing work at Philips Arena, which is really a labor of love.

V-103 has not announced an immediate replacement for Cameron in the mornings.

Cameron runs the Ryan Cameron Foundation Leadership Academy to mentor teens. And one of his most popular events over the years was his annual father-daughter dance.

RELATED: My 80-inch 2004 profile on Cameron

RELATED: My 2015 piece on Cameron’s work as Hawks P.A.

Cameron’s photo is already up on the Rakanter website. Rakanter, which started about 18 months ago, provides creative branding solutions using data driven strategy.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You the only one hurt about not living in ATL breh lol how you turn everything into beinf about you is beyond me. Lol keep your insecurities away from me.

The only one insecure here is you. I'm here to build with Atlanta brehs from the city trying to do better in the community, no matter where in Atlanta they are, even the brehs who now call Atlanta home & are originally from somewhere else. If you could get ever get off of the divisive bullshyt, maybe you too could be apart of building a better COA that we can all be proud of

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The only one insecure here is you. I'm here to build with Atlanta brehs from the city trying to do better in the community, no matter where in Atlanta they are, even the brehs who now call Atlanta home & are originally from somewhere else. If you could get ever get off of the divisive bullshyt, maybe you too could be apart of building a better COA that we can all be proud of

How am I insecure when nobody is even discussing you yet you always find some way to turn the convo about yourself?

:russ:

Quit derailing the damn thread.