"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
1996 Atlanta Olympic Venues: Where Are They Now?

Tennisctr2.jpg

The former Olympic Tennis Stadium at Stone Mountain is now abandoned. Park officials say it hasn't been used in over a decade.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
South Gwinett demographics changed. People would rather use makeshift courts in Johns Creek or Atlantic Station.
:ohhh:
You're right. I drive thru Atlantic Station every morning and see them setting up for the BB&T Open. That Stone Mountain coourt would be a good venue, that place should be booming with tournaments for all levels.

It's not in too bad of shape all these years later

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:ohhh:
You're right. I drive thru Atlantic Station every morning and see them setting up for the BB&T Open. That Stone Mountain coourt would be a good venue, that place should be booming with tournaments for all levels.

Doesn't help that KKK rallies are now synonymous with stone mountain as of late

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Does anyone know a black owned painting company? I'm trying to get the exterior of my house painted but all the painters I found are cacs or mexicacs :francis:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
SW Community Fest this Sat & Sun July 30-31st on Cascade Rd (I'm guessing the driving range by the KFC off 285)

Cee-Lo Green headlining

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Get gentrified brehs

A $150 million housing redevelopment project is coming to the 12-acre site of Herndon Homes, the demolished public housing project located less than a mile from the future Mercedes Benz Dome. Atlanta's Oakwood Development is pairing with El Paso, Texas-based Hunt Companies to develop a mixed-use, mixed-income community with 700 housing units, fitness center, retail outlets, etc. The Atlanta Housing Authority, which selected the proposal out of eight total, has not released financial info on how much the developers will get paid for the project.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Get gentrified brehs

A $150 million housing redevelopment project is coming to the 12-acre site of Herndon Homes, the demolished public housing project located less than a mile from the future Mercedes Benz Dome. Atlanta's Oakwood Development is pairing with El Paso, Texas-based Hunt Companies to develop a mixed-use, mixed-income community with 700 housing units, fitness center, retail outlets, etc. The Atlanta Housing Authority, which selected the proposal out of eight total, has not released financial info on how much the developers will get paid for the project.

Was gonna happen regardless, whether it be by non blacks or blacks.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Was gonna happen regardless, whether it be by non blacks or blacks.

Yep. It's too many of those former housing projects just lying around the city for them not to get swooped up. I'm just waiting for what's gonna happen to Bowen Homes and Bankhead Court and see how they plan to redevelop Bankhead