"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
keep in mind I`m not trying to Shame anyone into doing what they dont want to do, but just keep in mind if they dont care about doing something they shouldn't discuss or have opinions on the subject at hand being that they are a non factor.
:yeshrug:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Any Black Man living in ATL 26 or older that isn't trying to save the westside one way or another is a joke at this point.

I agree in theory but that's a pretty large blanket statement to make. I have deep personal family ties to the Westside so I get the passion but you gotta make it actionable...alotta people claim the Westside but ain't ever done shyt over there

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree in theory but that's a pretty large blanket statement to make. I have deep personal family ties to the Westside so I get the passion but you gotta make it actionable...alotta people claim the Westside but ain't ever done shyt over there

The Westside is the last frontier of Blackness in ATL, without the Westside ATL would not be a "black city", it's one thing if blacks built up a suburb but then cool, but without the westside Black folks have no seat at the table of ATL.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Heirloom Market
FPQqMzg.gif

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
The Westside is the last frontier of Blackness in ATL, without the Westside ATL would not be a "black city", it's one thing if blacks built up a suburb but then cool, but without the westside Black folks have no seat at the table of ATL.

I agree with you but if you're gonna call people out you gotta at least say what it is people need to do b/c there's a lot to do but people need jobs, education, opportunity. It's more than just making blanket statements, it's about accountability & real actions.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree with you but if you're gonna call people out you gotta at least say what it is people need to do b/c there's a lot to do but people need jobs, education, opportunity. It's more than just making blanket statements, it's about accountability & real actions.

Here's the thing though, at this stage in the game if you are over the age of 25 and dont know what needs to be done idk what to tell you. HOW to do these things is a very different convo and is a case by case discussion as one would need to examine that particular persons situation and what that person is trying to do.

If what you want to do is buy property that is one discussion, if what you want to do is open a business thats another topic in itself with numerous discussions that fall under it. How one contributes to "building" is something they need to decide personally because they are the ones who will have to do it, once they decide on what they want to do THEN one can provide guidance/ point them to someone who specializes in that that can guide that individual.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Here's the thing though, at this stage in the game if you are over the age of 25 and dont know what needs to be done idk what to tell you. HOW to do these things is a very different convo and is a case by case discussion as one would need to examine that particular persons situation and what that person is trying to do.

If what you want to do is buy property that is one discussion, if what you want to do is open a business thats another topic in itself with numerous discussions that fall under it. How one contributes to "building" is something they need to decide personally because they are the ones who will have to do it, once they decide on what they want to do THEN one can provide guidance/ point them to someone who specializes in that that can guide that individual.

Everybody doesn't know that tho, that's what I'm saying about the generalizations & blanket statements. We've got to put a plan together of how to build the Westside and not just assume people kno what needs to happen. I'm not making that assumption no matter who it is or how old they are

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Everybody doesn't know that tho, that's what I'm saying about the generalizations & blanket statements. We've got to put a plan together of how to build the Westside and not just assume people kno what needs to happen. I'm not making that assumption no matter who it is or how old they are
Like i said, if you are over 25 and dont see whats going on and needs to be done, at this point you dont need to be trying to sit at the table to build. Some one 26+ has been through enough in life to understand whether they are satisfied what things as they are or want change. Im not talking college kids or HS, 26+ your a grown man, no excuses.

Wanting change and thinking things are fine are things that cant be confused, avg person has "found themselves" by 25, once you find yourself then you focus on how to implement what it is YOU see as your strength. If you (speaking in geneeal) are 30 yrs old and still trying to find yourself then you should honestly step to the side.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

25 tho breh? When I was 25 breh I wasn't woke to that type of shyt. And none of the cats around me was either save for a few here or there. I'm just now getting my shyt together and starting to look toward the future in addition to coming up with ways to help out others. And I think I'm pretty much still in the minority in that regard even at my age now. Everybody matures at different times, especially if you grew up on the west. Let's keep it a buck, alot of dudes from the west have been to prison at least once by 30 or worse yet they not even here on this earth. I can name 8 people I came up with who are dead or behind the walls at this point. Throw in a few more who went away on a bid and came home. And I'm not that old. I missed the days of the west when it was truly was crazy. People like me who came up in the late 90s and early 2000s had it gravy compared to them dudes who came in those days when damn near every neighborhood had a housing project in it.

The cats who got sense from the west get money and move to Douglasville, South Cobb or the Southside. And I'm not knocking them dudes. If I had kids best believe I woulda been left and moved and out there. Very few of us have the forethought to be able say "hey let me go back and help out my folks". I get what your saying but you can't put an arbitrary age on when you should be "woke" as a Black male growing up over there. Instead we need to try to help everybody. Regardless of age. Don't matter if a nikka 15 or 85. He can still be reached. I ain't writing off anybody.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
25 tho breh? When I was 25 breh I wasn't woke to that type of shyt. And none of the cats around me was either save for a few here or there. I'm just now getting my shyt together and starting to look toward the future in addition to coming up with ways to help out others. And I think I'm pretty much still in the minority in that regard even at my age now. Everybody matures at different times, especially if you grew up on the west. Let's keep it a buck, alot of dudes from the west have been to prison at least once by 30 or worse yet they not even here on this earth. I can name 8 people I came up with who are dead or behind the walls at this point. Throw in a few more who went away on a bid and came home. And I'm not that old. I missed the days of the west when it was truly was crazy. People like me who came up in the late 90s and early 2000s had it gravy compared to them dudes who came in those days when damn near every neighborhood had a housing project in it.

The cats who got sense from the west get money and move to Douglasville, South Cobb or the Southside. And I'm not knocking them dudes. If I had kids best believe I woulda been left and moved and out there. Very few of us have the forethought to be able say "hey let me go back and help out my folks". I get what your saying but you can't put an arbitrary age on when you should be "woke" as a Black male growing up over there. Instead we need to try to help everybody. Regardless of age. Don't matter if a nikka 15 or 85. He can still be reached. I ain't writing off anybody.

This is my thing, right now we are at the point of no return. People who arent aware cant sit at the table with builders point blank because more time is wasted doing everything but building. You cant help people when you have nothing to help them with. This isnt 1995 or 2003 where you could say times are hard but it aint that bad. The writing is on the wall now and if you dont see it idk what to tell you. Theres a difference between people who are aware but are broke and trying to build themselves, everyone has to build themself thats a no brainer. But i stand firm on my statements that if in 2016 if you are over 25 and dont see the writing on the wall then there not much more we need to be discussing.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
11:53 a.m. Thursday, May 26, 2016 | Filed in: Business
COMMENTS 4

A Boston developer planning a mini-city in Dunwoody near Perimeter Mall has new design concepts for the project, which was put on hold by the Great Recession.

GID Urban Development showed new renderings of the High Street project at the International Council of Shopping Centers convention this week in Las Vegas, a person with knowledge of the situation said. The property, just west of Perimeter Mall, has long been slated for an ambitious development of retail, thousands of mid- to high-rise residences and offices.

The new renderings are live on the project’s website, which you can see here.

High Street. GID Development
In 2007, GID proposed a blend of 3,000 mid- and high-rise residences, hotels, office towers and street front retail. The company said then that it planned to start construction in 2009, but the project was delayed.

A GID executive contacted Thursday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution directed comment to the director of the High Street project, who did not immediately return a message.

GID has long been expected to bring building plans forward for site along Perimeter Center Parkway and Hammond Drive. But a time frame isn’t known.

The new renderings come days after an Atlanta area development group shelved plans for Crown Towers, a four-tower projectat the former Gold Kist headquarters site in Dunwoody, and as developer Transwestern started its pitch for a new speculative office tower on a Perimeter Mall out-parcel.

The AJC leases a building for its main operations that is on the High Street site.

ADVERTISING
More as this story develops…

VIEW COMMENTS 4

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
11:53 a.m. Thursday, May 26, 2016 | Filed in: Business
COMMENTS 4

A Boston developer planning a mini-city in Dunwoody near Perimeter Mall has new design concepts for the project, which was put on hold by the Great Recession.

GID Urban Development showed new renderings of the High Street project at the International Council of Shopping Centers convention this week in Las Vegas, a person with knowledge of the situation said. The property, just west of Perimeter Mall, has long been slated for an ambitious development of retail, thousands of mid- to high-rise residences and offices.

The new renderings are live on the project’s website, which you can see here.

In 2007, GID proposed a blend of 3,000 mid- and high-rise residences, hotels, office towers and street front retail. The company said then that it planned to start construction in 2009, but the project was delayed.

A GID executive contacted Thursday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution directed comment to the director of the High Street project, who did not immediately return a message.

GID has long been expected to bring building plans forward for site along Perimeter Center Parkway and Hammond Drive. But a time frame isn’t known.

The new renderings come days after an Atlanta area development group shelved plans for Crown Towers, a four-tower projectat the former Gold Kist headquarters site in Dunwoody, and as developer Transwestern started its pitch for a new speculative office tower on a Perimeter Mall out-parcel.

The AJC leases a building for its main operations that is on the High Street site.

ADVERTISING
More as this story develops…

VIEW COMMENTS 4

I give dunwoody their props, they didnt have to sell out their residents like cobb did with the stadium to build a dope area that attracts business and is centered around a transit station

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I give dunwoody their props, they didnt have to sell out their residents like cobb did with the stadium to build a dope area that attracts business and is centered around a transit station

I like the Dunwoody area too...20-25 years ago it was the spot where everyone with new money was moving and even now the area looks really nice & damn near brand new (I'm hoping Cobb Parkway transforms into how Ashford Dunwoody & the surrounding areas up there look)