"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haven't been anywhere passed the airport :lupe: I think I'm scared to go out in a new city, a new state actually. I feel like the new girl in school, again :lupe:

I will say any vibe in Atlanta you want it's easy to find so be thankful for that. That's why I'm starting to consider to move back. Luckily my new job is remote so I could.

Really I know a few spots you should check out. It's an adventure :smile:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Did you find any shop? I'm tryna do the same for my car.
I'm going to go with The Three Tinters. Their shop in near Buckhead I believe and they quoted my $189 + tax for my Mazda 6 4 door. Carbon film too, thats a pretty legit price imo. They lifetime guarantee too. When it comes to tinting I usually don't go el cheapo because I don't want to be having to do it again in 2 years.

But you definitely gotta get out, Atlanta is your oyster :blessed:. If you need recommendations let me know. Edgewood is an alright place to start off on. Where are you from?

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
I'm going to go with The Three Tinters. Their shop in near Buckhead I believe and they quoted my $189 + tax for my Mazda 6 4 door. Carbon film too, thats a pretty legit price imo. They lifetime guarantee too. When it comes to tinting I usually don't go el cheapo because I don't want to be having to do it again in 2 years.

But you definitely gotta get out, Atlanta is your oyster :blessed:. If you need recommendations let me know. Edgewood is an alright place to start off on. Where are you from?

:ohhh: I see but Buckhead is like 30+ mins out from me.

& I'm from Miami. But I last moved from Philadelphia.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What's your scene?

Downtown ATL - more hip-hop clubs. A lot of more Black-centric stuff. I'm not sure about near Underground Atlanta is but worth a shot there. Other black centric spots are places in Dekalb County like Memorial Dr.

Grant Park / Inmap Park - some cool Tapas bars to eat at. I forgot where this was at but there's a cool spanish Tapas place called Barcelona there that has a good DJ, mid 90s, early 2000s hip hop. One of the new budding spots to go to.

Midtown ATL - more eclectic "mixed" vibe. I'm talking 10th St - 14th street area. Also closer towards 10th St and Piedmont there are more gay friendly clubs and areas.

East ATL / Little Five Points - Hipsters, that type of crowd. Kind of what you'd see in Austin, TX & Seattle, WA.

Buckhead - Pretentious fratty white folks from University of Alabama, UGA, etc. I'm thinking spots like East Andrews. If you go to the W in Buckhead tho that's a nice eclectic spot. I forgot the other spots in Buckhead. The scene used to be different in the late 90s (and before I was old enough to go out) apparently but a few shootings occurred and pushed people to Midtown and what you see today.

That's all I can think of in terms of the city of Atlanta. I know I'm missing some places kinda wrote this at the fly of the moment and I live in Texas now so my details are off but at least that should give you a rough idea of what to check out.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
What's your scene?

Downtown ATL - more hip-hop clubs. A lot of more Black-centric stuff. I'm not sure about near Underground Atlanta is but worth a shot there. Other black centric spots are places in Dekalb County like Memorial Dr.

Grant Park / Inmap Park - some cool Tapas bars to eat at. I forgot where this was at but there's a cool spanish Tapas place called Barcelona there that has a good DJ, mid 90s, early 2000s hip hop. One of the new budding spots to go to.

Midtown ATL - more eclectic "mixed" vibe. I'm talking 10th St - 14th street area. Also closer towards 10th St and Piedmont there are more gay friendly clubs and areas.

East ATL / Little Five Points - Hipsters, that type of crowd. Kind of what you'd see in Austin, TX & Seattle, WA.

Buckhead - Pretentious fratty white folks from University of Alabama, UGA, etc. I'm thinking spots like East Andrews. If you go to the W in Buckhead tho that's a nice eclectic spot. I forgot the other spots in Buckhead. The scene used to be different in the late 90s (and before I was old enough to go out) apparently but a few shootings occurred and pushed people to Midtown and what you see today.

That's all I can think of in terms of the city of Atlanta. I know I'm missing some places kinda wrote this at the fly of the moment and I live in Texas now so my details are off but at least that should give you a rough idea of what to check out.

You gave me alot of clubs :lupe: I never been in the club scene. Thanks for trying though.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You gave me alot of clubs :lupe: I never been in the club scene. Thanks for trying though.

Regardless, those areas you will still get those type of scenes regardless. For example Little Five Points is very Hispter-ish so expect coffee shops, tattoo parlors, a bit of quirky places.

Food? I can help you out with that too just point me in a direction. I'm in my early 30s so TBH I don't do the club thing as much either.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

I just turned 21 :lupe:

now-kith.png