The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
:dame:
Jaden Smith character was so out of place, its almost like he had creative control
Was watching this with my girl and I'm like did this nikka get to write his own parts :gucci: I can't stand that fool. And why was mylenes song some shyt that sounded straight outta 2017, ain't she supposed to be doing disco:gucci:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

I can't believe I slept on the Get Down. This show is great :wow:

Netflix never failed me

Conz

Superstar
Daps
nice, at least I don't have to complete the chore of finishing this. had some cool shyt, but you could tell it was a huge flop in the making. not even the Netflix brainwashing could save it.

seems like all of their most ambitious (see "Expensive") shows are the ones that tank

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
RIP to The Get Down...started off good but part II was corny to me, didnt even finish :manny:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Wrote this in the other thread.

"How does a streaming service where there's no advertising decide when to cancel a show?

Like it makes sense for ABC, NBC, and FOX to cancel shows if advertisers are pissed that no ones watching their ads but it doesn't make sense for Netflix to not let shows complete their stories."

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Wrote this in the other thread.

"How does a streaming service where there's no advertising decide when to cancel a show?

Like it makes sense for ABC, NBC, and FOX to cancel shows if advertisers are pissed that no ones watching their ads but it doesn't make sense for Netflix to not let shows complete their stories."
they spent a lotta money and not enough people watched. they really only have their reputation as a subscription-based streamer. if you spend money and cant win awards and/or get people talking and thus subscribing more, you short