The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I like how it showed how valuable back in the day having a great colletction or a rare record could seprate you from the rest as a DJ as well. shyt was our pokemon for DJ's...

Now these little nikkas have everything at their fingertips :smh:

They still gotta do the history tho to know whats what. Man i been thinking about plugging the Tables back up :mjcry:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
great show so glad to see a show based around hip-hop with a cast like this Shamiek Moore really has a bright future with Dope and this he's easily my favorite character next to Zeke. Mylene so damn fine :whew::banderas:almost makes me forget she playing with Zeke's emotions in the beginning of the season :aicmon:.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
I knew she looked familiar, then looked her up and remembered she was the Captain on Gotham for a minute :ohhh:. No wonder Jimmy Smits was trying to get a taste :shaq:. If Gus finds out though :wow:. Show had unexpected people pop up with Kimmie and Stan's partner from The Americans to Gideon from Mr. Robot and Jon Jones aka Cadillac complete with his coke problem :lolbron:

Just finished watching the series and by the end I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to part 2 next year :ehh:.

Mylene is :noah:, those legs, lips, and tiddies. I hope she gets cast in more stuff from this, she has a solid voice too. No wonder Zeke was sweating her so hard, her friends are bad too. I'm glad cokeboy producer was able to pull it together and craft a decent song for her. When that Jew broad got revenge on him :dead::mjlol:

At first I wasn't sure about mixing in the archived footage, but it ended up working out well and gave the show a distinctive look. I'm glad they slowed down from the 1st episode as well. All the origins of the music was dope, closet I ever came to a turntable was DJ Hero on PS3.

I thought Zeke and Shaolin were going to be the only ones with skills, but Zeke's buddies turned out to be pretty talented. When his main homie started spitting fast after struggling to ride the beat :gladbron:.

Jaden Smith getting turned out by Thor though, did he feel the power of his hammer as well :skip:

Netflix has been on a solid streak lately with Stranger Things, The Get Down, and I still need to watch the latest season of Bojack Horseman :myman:
:deadmanny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know cats in here are simping Mylene but man... to me the girl I'm jonesing on is Mylene friend Regina played by (Shyrley Rodriguez)

tgd-yolanda-regina.jpg

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Assumed it was gonna be corny from the trailers, but this was pretty tight. A little hokey, but cool. Nas might have something with this one. :ehh: