The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
show makes it seem like that's his daughter not his brothers... Especially since we heard the bro went to jail...

Maybe it's a reach :manny:
low key I mean can we mad at her for cheating. Dude was uptight the entire series. Brother foul tho.[/spolier]

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
low key I mean can we mad at her for cheating. Dude was uptight the entire series. Brother foul tho.[/spolier]
seems like the father went to jail got saved and did a 180. He's terrified of doing wrong and seeing the outcome he is very overbearing to his family. I think the bro smashed when he went to jail. That's all type of :ufdup: I don't like all this extra drama in my show feeling like empire and sht. I just want the history of hip hop

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
6231690988486656.png

:shaq::lolbron:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Just got to episode 6. I like it. Was not expecting it to be the way it is, but should have known with Baz producing it. Halfway through the second ep. I was onboard.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Finished all the eps this AM

F-ckin fantastic! Really did a good job with the small (and large) details.

Im old enough to know some folks who come from that generation (and come from the South Bronx) and have been told alot of stories from back in that era. Alot of those stories sound so wild...damn near mythological but this series did a great job of capturing alot of that.

My homeboy was just telling me about some crews back in the day who had speakers so big that people could actually walk inside of them...and I'll be damned if that last episode didnt have some speakers that looked about that size :russ:

Plus I imagine its hard folks folks to really realize how intertwined all of that stuff was but trust from the Blackout of '77, to the mayoral race, disco, drugs, gangs, etc it all played a part in giving birth to the culture

Cant wait for pt2
Soon as I saw that I thought of the line from "Jam on it" about Superman having speakers "10 stories high with woofers made of steel". That song still bangs btw

Living in poverty, being a minority in a large municipality - society constantly beats into you, through archaic police policy, poor development and pisspoor public education, that you are nothing and have no control.

Having a pigeo coop is really like a poetic rebellion. People believe you don't want structure and authority and claim you're wild...yet if any prosecutor pulls her head out of her ass and looks at the gang files, they would see the hierarchy and ruleset basically screams out that each young kid wants to belong.

Similarly, a pigeon coop symbolizes your desire to have some control, to have some important space, and have a desire to cultivate nature.
Not even gon front, this response is so far above my head that I'll take that as a legitimate explanation:salute:

Yo I remember on facebook this dumb white bytch was like didnt the beastie boys create hip hop, why y'all mad at eminem.... :pachaha: that bytch was dead serious too....
:mjlol: She was like she saw it on VH1 somewhere....

White people are seriously Misinformed.... :russ:

I was on my facebook page with her quote screaming, White People started Hip Hop y'all!!! :troll:

shyt was some twilight zone shyt, I couldn't believe it... :mjlol:

I found the post....

1559302_10202402311635253_2083362772_o.jpg
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:
No I would believe that if not for the pic:dead:

Is they fukking now?
I think so since Nero was bold enough to be rubbing her when everyone isat the table for dinner. Seems like she's gotten more comfortable after leaving the office crying. The night of the blackout he said he's been sleeping alone since 1960. I'm guessing thats the year his brother got out of jail and he had to stop fukking her.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think so since Nero was bold enough to be rubbing her when everyone isat the table for dinner. Seems like she's gotten more comfortable after leaving the office crying. The night of the blackout he said he's been sleeping alone since 1960. I'm guessing thats the year his brother got out of jail and he had to stop fukking her.
Towards the end of the last episode he referred to her as "our girl"

I think he's her father