The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo I remember on facebook this dumb white bytch was like didnt the beastie boys create hip hop, why y'all mad at eminem.... :pachaha: that bytch was dead serious too....
:mjlol: She was like she saw it on VH1 somewhere....

White people are seriously Misinformed.... :russ:

I was on my facebook page with her quote screaming, White People started Hip Hop y'all!!! :troll:

shyt was some twilight zone shyt, I couldn't believe it... :mjlol:

I found the post....

1559302_10202402311635253_2083362772_o.jpg

They not misinformed they want to change the narrative.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
End of episode 6

mylene mama face looked bruised up when she was hugged up on Nero :jbhmm:....also in part 2, I think Sha (who I think secretly likes Mylene) gonna make a move on her...and him and Books gonna beef, splitting the squad up

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
That song in episode 5 is sick. Didn't know disco was that fire.

Re: disco oh yes!

Not even lowkey (and im praying the show touches on this in either pt 2 or a future season) but rapping over the disco breaks is what helped hip-hop expand beyond the South Bronx and get into Manhattan, especially the downtown scene where the so called "cool kids" hung out.

They kinda show this at the end of episode 6 but the art form is still just a South Bronx thing.

Even still with the records starting to hit Manhattan it lacked a certain authenticity, so the disco owners then started receuiting these kids to come to Manhattan into discos and do their thing.

This show is really something special. Im gonna watch these 6 eps again.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I fukking knew it.... :beli: but this is that bullshyt, white people love hip hop, this show is an endearing love letter to it's origins what the fukk is the problem?!!?

No white leads, white people as a whole cannot accept anything they aren't part of.