The Gang Can't Get Canceled (Culture): Season 16 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
This shyt need to be taken out behind the barn :mjpls:

Oh well. It was a good run

hang-frank-reynolds.gif

Nah. fukk that

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-iasip.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt got one foot in the grave :unimpressed:

kind of agree…I did like the “breaking bad” episode tho and a couple others…the season finale was pretty funny…season wasn’t really bad…I think ep 1 was the only one I flat out didn’t like…eps 2-8 were pretty good and had some funny moments but remembering where the show was (I just watched S1 again for like the 3rd/4th time) and how it used to have me cracking up from start to finish, I feel like the show has been winding down for some time now and I wouldn’t be mad if/when they call it quits after next season

Last edited:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
kind of agree…I did like the “breaking bad” episode tho and a couple others…the season finale was pretty funny…season wasn’t really bad…I think ep 1 was the only one I flat out didn’t like…eps 2-8 were pretty good and had some funny moments but remembering where the show was (I just watched S1 again for like the 3rd/4th time) and how it used to have me cracking up from start to finish, I feel like the show has been winding down for some time now and I wouldn’t be mad if/when they call it quits after next season

"Archer" is my favorite show of all time but "Sunny" has almost surpassed it. I didn't start watching it until the last few years. I've seen every episode at least 10 times with the exception of the last few seasons, just due to how new they are. I was re-watching season 11 last week. It's virtually a perfect season. Season 11. :damn: The only episode I didn't really care for was "Charlie Catches a Leprechaun," which was good. Aside from that, it was tremendous.

Season 12 the first 7 episodes are perfect. For me there's a turn with the Valentine's Day episode. That's when I noticed a drop in quality and that episode wasn't bad but something was just off about it. Then you get the "Cricket's Tale" episode which for me is the worst episode they've ever done. Not "Frank's Brother," which I enjoyed. That episode gave us @ShaDynasty :blessed:

Season 13 is a continuation of the decline from the second half of season 12. But they're still greatness. Episodes 4 -7 are excellent with "Times Up for the Gang" being one of the best they've ever done. Like season 12 they could not finish strong and petered out with the last few episodes.

Season 14 was like the worst thing that it could be: forgettable. The one episode that I loved was "The Gang Texts." That was classic Sunny.

Season 15 was memorable because half the season was in Ireland. I think there was one great episode: "The Gang's Still in Ireland," the one where Dennis has COVID. Classic Dennis.

So for those seasons the number of great episodes start to get fewer and farther between. Season 16 is almost a return to form.

But I'm aware I can't change your mind. But I would say go back and watch season 11 in the first half of season 12 and tell me that those aren't great episodes.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Archer" is my favorite show of all time but "Sunny" has almost surpassed it. I didn't start watching it until the last few years. I've seen every episode at least 10 times with the exception of the last few seasons, just due to how new they are. I was re-watching season 11 last week. It's virtually a perfect season. Season 11. :damn: The only episode I didn't really care for was "Charlie Catches a Leprechaun," which was good. Aside from that, it was tremendous.

Season 12 the first 7 episodes are perfect. For me there's a turn with the Valentine's Day episode. That's when I noticed a drop in quality and that episode wasn't bad but something was just off about it. Then you get the "Cricket's Tale" episode which for me is the worst episode they've ever done. Not "Frank's Brother," which I enjoyed. That episode gave us @ShaDynasty :blessed:

Season 13 is a continuation of the decline from the second half of season 12. But they're still greatness. Episodes 4 -7 are excellent with "Times Up for the Gang" being one of the best they've ever done. Like season 12 they could not finish strong and petered out with the last few episodes.

Season 14 was like the worst thing that it could be: forgettable. The one episode that I loved was "The Gang Texts." That was classic Sunny.

Season 15 was memorable because half the season was in Ireland. I think there was one great episode: "The Gang's Still in Ireland," the one where Dennis has COVID. Classic Dennis.

So for those seasons the number of great episodes start to get fewer and farther between. Season 16 is almost a return to form.

But I'm aware I can't change your mind. But I would say go back and watch season 11 in the first half of season 12 and tell me that those aren't great episodes.

the last seasons I can say had some classic “alway sunny” eps even tho I didn’t necessarily like the seasons that much overall is the one that had the episode where they were drinking on the plane (S10) and also the ski resort episode (S11)…after those seasons the show became something I got used to watching and it still provided me with some good laughs but the fall off was considerable at that point imo…definitely one of my favorite comedies tho…marathoned the entire series like 3 times over the years…granted the show only had 10 seasons at that point…the show reminds me of a weird modern day cross between “the 3 stooges” and “married with children”

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Much better hit to miss ratio this season compared to the previous one. I hope they keep it going for a while, or if they decide to finish it, come up with a new sitcom together. The chemistry is effortless.

Btw I recommend all Sunny fans to check out Blackberry, that is fantastic and Glenn is perfect in it.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

It's never ending...Larry David basically told them it's beyond stupid to end a show like this considering it's not beholden to any plot progression....It can go on forever like Curb.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I thought the season as a whole was pretty funny. Like I said earlier in the thread, some episodes felt like legit throwbacks to S3-S5.

I wasn't a fan of last season when they went to Ireland. That was easily their worst season.

I. H.

Rookie
Daps
IASIP is definitely a personal favorite, but It used to be great...now it's just kinda okay. Season 16 almost feels like a bunch of random clips just thrown together with almost 0 effort. They didn't even care to google basic chess rules for the Frank vs Russia episode :scust:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just finished watching episode 4 and was dieing laughing.

I knew they were going to end up using the anal beads to cheat in chess after they said the plot to beat Russia.

It got taken from this story were people said a guy was using anal beads to cheat in chess.

Inside the chess cheating scandal and the fight for the soul of the game

The pedo Uncle was killing me in this episode too:dead:

Then Mac and Dee on their dates was funny too with Dennis running in pissed. That was a funny episode I haven't laughed this hard at the show for awhile.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Dennis had a Total Recall about killing Elon Musk because his blood pressure got high :dead:

I enjoyed this season for the most part. The first 2 episodes were the weakest to me.