The FTC says Nintendo don't count

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's kind of a weird distinction. when BOTW 2 comes out, and at the end of the year people are discussing GOTY, does Nintendo not count?
sure enough BOTW 2 was in the discussion for GOTY (and probably would have won if not for BG3). so how does this distinction work?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo is ahead of PlayStation too but nobody wants to have that discussion 139m switches sold :sas2:
They are and they aren't. Nintendo sells more console and has higher 1st party attach rate. However, Nintendo doesn't do many sales in third party games because people buy third party games on other consoles or PC. At the moment Nintendo is a supplementary console for many, so software wise they're behind and most likely not getting GaaS money from the big games. However, would be interesting to see if Switch 2 improves third party software sales

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
They are and they aren't. Nintendo sells more console and has higher 1st party attach rate. However, Nintendo doesn't do many sales in third party games because people buy third party games on other consoles or PC. At the moment Nintendo is a supplementary console for many, so software wise they're behind and most likely not getting GaaS money from the big games. However, would be interesting to see if Switch 2 improves third party software sales
Funny enough that was literally my situation. I bought a series S because the switch just didnā€™t feel like a complete system. With the new releases and ports coming in for Nintendo lately, I think they would crush it if for Switch 2

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough that was literally my situation. I bought a series S because the switch just didnā€™t feel like a complete system. With the new releases and ports coming in for Nintendo lately, I think they would crush it if for Switch 2
Yeah, that's the issue with Nintendo consoles after the gamecube. It's hard to main a Nintendo console because you miss out on a ton of third party games or getting bad ports like Fifa. I think Switch 2 can change some things, but I think same issue will happen where you're missing out on games and getting bad ports

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Yeah, that's the issue with Nintendo consoles after the gamecube. It's hard to main a Nintendo console because you miss out on a ton of third party games or getting bad ports like Fifa. I think Switch 2 can change some things, but I think same issue will happen where you're missing out on games and getting bad ports
FIFA that bad on switch?

I had it wishlisted on the shop but was buggin about Pikmin 4 lol