The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Bmore just got hit by a ship & collapsed

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
How the fukk is a ship more powerful than a bridge that's supposed to hold the weight of several cars?!

Probably a dumb question, but are you telling me all it takes is ONE big ass ship to take down a bridge? Or was this particular bridge old?

Seems unusual to me too. If it comes out that this was not an accident I won't be overly shocked.

This is terrible but it's not some omen. We just have too much news at our fingertips these days. It rewires your brain into thinking there was a time when things weren't as wild, which is technically a lie. There was a time when we weren't hearing about shyt left and right at the snap of a finger.

We are actually in pretty tame times but you can't convince anyone of that.

Exactly right. There used to be news on for like 2 hours a day. And that was it. A handful of stations all running their news a couple times per day.

Now there are 84396 news outlets and they all cranking 24 hours. So we gonna get every dog attack and every car chase that happens damn near in real time.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The US government is suppressing this story HEAVILY. Only local news is really talking about it and they aren't even highlighting the deaths.

This should be state of emergency news, Biden's old ass should be addressing the nation right now.

This isn't even trending news on Google right now.

Probably less deaths than a mass shooting and we barely even talk about those anymore.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
how would they do that?

Screenshot-2024-03-26-at-06-08-40.png

it is.
delete your google cookies fam :hubie:
The bridge collapse happened three hours ago, there was an embargo on the major news sites reporting it as breaking news.

This was written 3-4 hours ago, it was only declared "breaking" news less than an hour ago.

Probably less deaths than a mass shooting and we barely even talk about those anymore.
It's one of, if not the most, busiest port bridge in the nation. This will fukk up the supply chain for years.

It'll take over a decade for it to be rebuilt. Add that to the recession and things are about to get a whole lot more grim.

That's why they ain't talking about it.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Man I remember being in Minneapolis like 2 weeks after that bridge collapsed. Just a fukkin TERRIFYING thought.

We're all one drive away from this scenario too.

Hard to even comprehend.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
How the fukk is a ship more powerful than a bridge that's supposed to hold the weight of several cars?!

Probably a dumb question, but are you telling me all it takes is ONE big ass ship to take down a bridge? Or was this particular bridge old?

the bridge had an Achilles heels.