"The Flash" Season 2 thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah, I feel that way too. I think it's a case of strike while the iron is hot so I see why they would want to keep the ball rolling. It's a pretty hard to slow things down when Season 1 was great beyond all expectations so they have to up themselves even more for season 2. I think it's a great thing that they're not holding back anything but like I mentioned in a post here, I just don't want the story line to get too jumbled. Also, the Legends of Tomorrow will play a HUGE role for The Arrow and Flash series this season. I'm wondering how many seasons and episodes will the Legends of Tomorrow series will be.

What they're doing now is quite risky, which makes it all the more intriguing as they're making sure that the fans are getting what they ask for.

They've got to realize these DC shows are gonna run for like 8-10 seasons and they gonna run out of shyt or stretch shyt out and risk stunted character development if they do all that. And they will last 8-10 seasons. WB, CBS and DC are going to hold onto these properties for international liscening and syndication rights and Netflix/Blu Ray distribution even at the detriment of ratings and critical quality

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
They've got to realize these DC shows are gonna run for like 8-10 seasons and they gonna run out of shyt or stretch shyt out and risk stunted character development if they do all that. And they will last 8-10 seasons. WB, CBS and DC are going to hold onto these properties for international liscening and syndication rights and Netflix/Blu Ray distribution even at the detriment of ratings and critical quality

Hmm...maybe they don't plan on doing the series for 8-10 seasons. They're more like, why wait now at the risk of losing audience. I don't think the Flash or Arrow will last for that long. Maybe 6-7 seasons so they are trying to keep the momentum going. Right now is the perfect time to do that with all the good publicity that DC is getting right now so you want to keep that fire blazing.

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Hmm...maybe they don't plan on doing the series for 8-10 seasons. They're more like, why wait now at the risk of losing audience. I don't the Flash or Arrow will last for that long. Maybe 6-7 seasons so they are trying to keep the momentum going. Right now is the perfect time to do that with all the good publicity that DC is getting right now so you want to keep that fire blazing.

Arrow seems to be running out of material already tho so I can't picture that show doing more than 2 more seasons after this

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Arrow seems to be running out of material already tho so I can't picture that show doing more than 2 more seasons after this

Hmm...I was thinking that too but the Legends of Tomorrow will serve as a nice buffer for Arrow so I can see it being stretched out for 3 or even 4 more seasons. Also, you have more DC releases that will crossover with each other which extends them a bit. Now that Arrow is finally moving into Green Arrow territory, I see the story being more cohesive and fleshed out.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Zoom clearly isn't Eddie or eobard

His voice is in that trailer, sounds very similar to the zoom from the flashpoint paradox movie

Actually, the Reverse Flash in the Flashpoint Paradox movie was Thawne. But I agree, if it's anything like the comics then Zoom will be somebody new. In the comics he was a police officer friend of the Flash who got crippled in an accident. He wanted the Flash to go back in time to prevent him from being crippled, but the Flash wouldn't do it because he didn't want to mess up the timeline. After that, I think he ended up messing with the cosmic treadmill or something and getting powers. Then he got obsessed with making the Flash a "better hero" by making the Flash experience the kind of tragedy he did.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hmm...maybe they don't plan on doing the series for 8-10 seasons. They're more like, why wait now at the risk of losing audience. I don't think the Flash or Arrow will last for that long. Maybe 6-7 seasons so they are trying to keep the momentum going. Right now is the perfect time to do that with all the good publicity that DC is getting right now so you want to keep that fire blazing.

I dont know, the CW and DC are probably gonna bankroll these shows to be on for a while given they are superhero properties and this genre always has marketing and licensing potential.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:comeon: "Supernatural" & TVD says Hi.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
:comeon: "Supernatural" & TVD says Hi.

Like I said, I could be wrong. Ideally, I would love to watch as many seasons of the Flash as long as the story line doesn't get stale and the characters show growth each season.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
I'm hype but at the same time I don't know if it's a good idea to bring in Jay and Wally in the same season. You don't want to let out all your tricks together plus you don't want to over-saturate the show with too many speedsters.

Zoom should be fun though. If they get Zoom right, they can do things with Zoom that they could not do with the other Reverse-Flash. Zoom's technically not a speedster. He has the power to slow down time relative to himself so it appears he's going at super speeds that nobody can match. They can do some pretty cool things with time and science based on Zoom's powers.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I'm pretty interested to know that myself....my guess is either Eddie or the Zoom from the comics (Hunter Zolomon) who would be a new character that was inspired by Reverse Flash.

That said, Tom Cavanaugh already confirmed that he'll be returning in Season 2 (as well as the guy who played Thawne's original body), so I don't think we've seen the last of Eobard Thawne. Which is good because there are some loose ends...for example we never found out what exactly future Barry did to make Thawne hate him so much.

But I haven't been this hyped for a show in a while.

Jay Garrick :wow:
Wally West :wow:
Zoom :wow:
Earth-2 :wow:
Killer Frost :wow:
Vibe :wow:
No one show should have all THAT POWER:ohlawd:

...the way Flash:boss: threw Arrow:old: into Larry Holmes Garden bushes, tho:pachaha:

On some Esco/Lord Camel or Curry/CP3 dismantling Wave:heh:

Last edited: