"The Flash" Season 2 thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Damn, this dude Barry just refused to admit that he was the Flash. But he was ok with telling his ex? :dahell:

I mean if he wants to keep his identity under wraps that's fine, but at least be consistent about it. Joe, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, Earth-2 Wells and Garrick, the entire Arrow main cast, Hawkgirl and Hawkman, General Eiling, Linda Park, Professor Stein, Jax, Eddie Thawne (before he died), Atom, etc. all know...at this point one more probably wouldn't have hurt.

And I'm 100% the Hunter Zolomon thing is a giant red herring. That's who Zoom is in the comics but Zoom here is a completely different character with different motives. There wouldn't even be a Hunter Zolomon on Earth-2 because Garrick is his counterpart. In fact I'm pretty sure there was an interview where they said his identity would be different from the comics.

I'm still rolling with the theory that Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. Was kind of foreshadowed with Oliver's dad being Arrow in that timeline rather than Oliver himself. Maybe the same happened with Henry...in that timeline Barry got killed instead of his mom and Henry went crazy.

Last edited:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
My theory is Zoom is earth 2 Hunter Zolomon...
Earth 1 Hunter is actually Earth 1 Jay but her was adopted and his name changed.. that means an original Hunter is provably on Earth 2 and I think thats Zoom
It's also possible that Earth 2 Hunter was also adopted, perhaps it was Earth 2 Barry Allen? :ohhh:

Your theory sounds more plausible though....

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Damn, this dude Barry just refused to admit that he was the Flash. But he was ok with telling his ex? :dahell:

I mean if he wants to keep his identity under wraps that's fine, but at least be consistent about it. Joe, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, Earth-2 Wells and Garrick, the entire Arrow main cast, Hawkgirl and Hawkman, General Eiling, Linda Park, Professor Stein, Jax, Eddie Thawne (before he died), Atom, etc. all know...at this point one more probably wouldn't have hurt.

And I'm 100% the Hunter Zolomon thing is a giant red herring. That's who Zoom is in the comics but Zoom here is a completely different character with different motives. There wouldn't even be a Hunter Zolomon on Earth-2 because Garrick is his counterpart. In fact I'm pretty sure there was an interview where they said his identity would be different from the comics.

I'm still rolling with the theory that Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. Was kind of foreshadowed with Oliver's dad being Arrow in that timeline rather than Oliver himself. Maybe the same happened with Henry...in that timeline Barry got killed instead of his mom and Henry went crazy.

I just refuse to believe its Henry.. after season 1 had the father figure be the bad guy I refuse to believe seaon2 has his actual father. i am in denial
It's also possible that Earth 2 Hunter was also adopted, perhaps it was Earth 2 Barry Allen? :ohhh:

Your theory sounds more plausible though....

The bolded is plausible as well ... but i like mine better for now..

We're meeting Earth 2 caitlyn, Barry, Iris and Ronnie in ep 14 i believe ...or its 13

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I probably shouldn't even start, but I'm going to anyway... :francis:

But shouldn't this episode create a Temporal Paradox and fukk up the timeline anyway? Eobard Thawne should already know from the events in this episode that his attempt to go back in time and kill Barry won't be successful and that Barry will still beat him. So why would he still try it?

In fact Barry flat out told him that he killed his mother and that they thought he was dead. So why would Thawne later decide to attempt to go back in time and kill the Flash when he knows that the only one destined to die is his mom and that he'll be killed eventually? Why would he (as Wells) hire Cisco and give him powers knowing that Cisco will turn against him again? I mean logically he learned enough in this episode that he should realize that trying to go back in time and kill Barry won't be successful.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just refuse to believe its Henry.. after season 1 had the father figure be the bad guy I refuse to believe seaon2 has his actual father. i am in denial

Who else would it be?

It has to be somebody from Earth-2 because Zoom was a problem over there even before the portal between the Earths opened. And if Zoom is some random person on Earth-2 that nobody knows (like Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon) then it'll be anticlimactic as fukk.

At first I thought Zoom was Earth-2 Barry but after seeing him in person he's not the same body type. So I figure it has to be the Earth-2 version of Henry, Joe, or Cisco. :manny:

And I just can't picture Cisco or Joe as an evil speedster. Only other possibility I can think of is that maybe Eddie is still alive on Earth-2 and is Zoom. Might make for some good drama having to deal with an evil Eddie when he was a hero on Earth-1.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I probably shouldn't even start, but I'm going to anyway... :francis:

But shouldn't this episode create a Temporal Paradox and fukk up the timeline anyway? Eobard Thawne should already know from the events in this episode that his attempt to go back in time and kill Barry won't be successful and that Barry will still beat him. So why would he still try it?

In fact Barry flat out told him that he killed his mother and that they thought he was dead. So why would Thawne later decide to attempt to go back in time and kill the Flash when he knows that the only one destined to die is his mom and that he'll be killed eventually? Why would he (as Wells) hire Cisco and give him powers knowing that Cisco will turn against him again? I mean logically he learned enough in this episode that he should realize that trying to go back in time and kill Barry won't be successful.

Because he still wants the joy of killing Barry's mother and hurting him.. like he said when he found out his destiny he said F it and went all out Baddie..

Who else would it be?

It has to be somebody from Earth-2 because Zoom was a problem over there even before the portal between the Earths opened. And if Zoom is some random person on Earth-2 that nobody knows (like Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon) then it'll be anticlimactic as fukk.

At first I thought Zoom was Earth-2 Barry but after seeing him in person he's not the same body type. So I figure it has to be the Earth-2 version of Henry, Joe, or Cisco. :manny:

And I just can't picture Cisco or Joe as an evil speedster. Only other possibility I can think of is that maybe Eddie is still alive on Earth-2 and is Zoom. Might make for some good drama having to deal with an evil Eddie when he was a hero on Earth-1.

Like I said.. I refuse to believe its Henry.. everything fit for Henry but i'm in denial.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

He actually cared about Patty :manny:

Ole girl he was just smashing :yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Because he still wants the joy of killing Barry's mother and hurting him.. like he said when he found out his destiny he said F it and went all out Baddie.

But back in Season 1 he said his original intention was to kill Barry, and he just ended up killing his moms spur-of-the-moment because he couldn't get to Barry. He never went back in time planning to kill Barry's mom from the jump.

Based on what he learned this episode he should already know that killing Barry won't work out, and that killing his mom will lead to this stable time loop where he eventually gets erased from existence. Maybe he's just arrogant enough to think he can break the time loop? Eh, I dunno. Time travel....

He actually cared about Patty :manny:

Ole girl he was just smashing :yeshrug:

At this point she already figured it out, he should've just admitted it. :beli:

I realize that Barry and Iris are basically destined to get together sooner or later, so they'll eventually break up with anybody else they date, but still, this could've been better written.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Who else would it be?

Right? It's gotta be Henry.