"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Daps
:ohhh: Wait is The West Family, Black in the New 52?
Oh yeah. But I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong because I think I might me) Wally is dead and Bart Allen is Kid Flash. I dunno it that's accurate but if it is that'd be a waste since black or white Wally West is the best Flash

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
show is formulaic, predictable but enjoyable. the time travel stuff has me interested in the long term plot.

i slept on arrow thus far, tried to watch 1 episode and quit. should i give it another chance?

Daps
show is formulaic, predictable but enjoyable. the time travel stuff has me interested in the long term plot.

i slept on arrow thus far, tried to watch 1 episode and quit. should i give it another chance?
Arrow's got a darker overall tone and more action if that's what you're into. I think you should

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I tried to like Arrow. I really, really did.

When I got to S02E04 and saw that Laurel's sister was still alive too, I just:
ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

She's a better actress, and didn't screw up her looks like Laurel did by plastic surgery or anorexia/bulimia/pills. Besides, you won't have to worry about her for long. The prison lesbianism angle is bothersome, because the show doesn't really explore it. I could see the show not wanting to offend non-cable tv viewers if it were two men, but lesbianism should have given the show more room to explore why prison homosexuality occurs and how it can screw with the prisoner's head once they're 'free'. Or they could have at least made her lesbian before getting on the boat, and her screwing Ollie had some deeper closet issues than trying to fukk with her sister. Show almost wanted to explore the 'prison sex love is not normal love on outside' angle, then said 'fukk it' and just tried to have its cake and eat it too by ignoring everything except 'lesbianism/girl-bisexualism is hot'.

Superironic, because both Malcolm and Red's actors are gay.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Arrow's got a darker overall tone and more action if that's what you're into. I think you should
Arrow is starting to fukk up by listening to the Ollicity fangirls. I liked Ollie and Felicity's chemistry, too, but not enough that I wanted it to go beyond wink wink nudge nudge. Now they've made Ollie hyper jealous so they can eventually have a superhero love triangle? Whatever.

Daps
Arrow is starting to fukk up by listening to the Ollicity fangirls. I liked Ollie and Felicity's chemistry, too, but not enough that I wanted it to go beyond wink wink nudge nudge. Now they've made Ollie hyper jealous so they can eventually have a superhero love triangle? Whatever.

I feel you on that. What I don't like the most about season 3 is the usage of Diggle and Roy. I mean I guess it's only 8(?) episodes in and they each got their 'own episode' but something is just falling flat.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
do i need to be watching Arrow? b/c i like the Flash

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

68jyKeS.png

You didn't finish season 2?

You didn't watch Slade Wilson Da Gawd? :wow:

Whatever floats ya boat...Flash is more lighthearted...I prefer the darker tone of Arrow...even though season 3 and Dig-L is just :mjcry:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh yeah. But I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong because I think I might me) Wally is dead and Bart Allen is Kid Flash. I dunno it that's accurate but if it is that'd be a waste since black or white Wally West is the best Flash
Currently Wally is a black teenager who has not become Kid Flash yet and I think Bart Allen is locked up in the future and calling himself Impulse again.