"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I started watching Arrow based off the Coli cosign and that long ass season three thread. I'm 15 episodes deep in season one. I must say, up until this point I like Flash wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more :yeshrug:. The actors collectively are much better and believable on The Flash. There's too many actors that are the caliber of the cat playing Tommy on that show.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I started watching Arrow based off the Coli cosign and that long ass season three thread. I'm 15 episodes deep in season one. I must say, up until this point I like Flash wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more :yeshrug:. The actors collectively are much better and believable on The Flash. There's too many actors that are the caliber of the cat playing Tommy on that show.

Watch season 2 then will see what's better.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am very impressed by the FX for this show. I was expecting the second ep to be light on FX as a cost-cutting measure but they went all out with multiple examples of The Flash using his power and making Multiplex actually look cool and not cheesy.

I got too geeked at the treadmill scene too. Those little allusions to the comic are the best.

Glad to see they brought the need for the Flash to consume large quantities of food to replace what he burns off while running too. That was one of my favorite aspects of the limits on his powers in the comics.

Kind of bummed that they killed off Simon Stagg (and Java too dammit!)...I was hoping we would get a Rex Mason/Metamorpho appearance down the line. I am really in the dark about who Wells really is because there are so many possibilities from Hunter Zoloman to Rip Hunter to Abra Cadabra to Malcolm Thawne/Cobalt.

And they almost had a grown man reaching for the tissues during that talk Barry and Joe had at the end of the episode.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I know Firestorm is coming but even when Caitlyn called her boyfriend Ronnie I didn't make the connection.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who do they become?
In the Comics, Caitlin turns into Killer Frost and she is really a Firestorm villain.
j0wvaKA.jpg

Cisco doesn't become a bad guy he becomes a hero called Vibe.
mssEax5.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Arrow is hotter with a goater body but flash is more entertaining and family Friendly's

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Just watched after missing the epi on Tuesday and all I can say is :banderas:, I'm hooked.

In the Comics, Caitlin turns into Killer Frost and she is really a Firestorm villain.
j0wvaKA.jpg

Cisco doesn't become a bad guy he becomes a hero called Vibe.
mssEax5.gif

Can't wait to see the story line behind that if it's true especially Caitlin but this probably won't happen until season 2-3 finale (just guessing), so she can have time to grow on the audience and everyone be shocked.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
IGN discussion:

I was actually going to complain about how DC should tie in the movie and TV series but now I'm actually glad they're not. (Although having tv show be Barry and movie be Wally West would be better). Because then you have the conundrum of how to tell the movie if you tie it in with the show; do you pick up where the tv show left off and assume everyone who is going to see the movie has seen the tv show or do you just rewrite the origins for people who haven't seen the show. If you do the former, you have people who don't watch the show confused but if you do the latter, not only is it redundant but people who watch the show are going to be upset that no new info was released.

Still hope movie Flash is Wally West though.