"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
added to DVR. liked the pilot... but i could easily see this getting monotonous as it goes on. I know nothing about the Flash, but I know that origin story couldn't have been right. Why does every friggin hero need to be avenging a dead parent?

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
added to DVR. liked the pilot... but i could easily see this getting monotonous as it goes on. I know nothing about the Flash, but I know that origin story couldn't have been right. Why does every friggin hero need to be avenging a dead parent?

The origin is pretty consistent with the comics since Geoff Johns is responsible for both the TV and the comic.

I just hope the show doesn't shy away from the more comic elements like grodd. I'm sure we won't get Jay Garrick on the show but I hope they show Wally or at the least Bart. The legacy aspect was always a big part of the character

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I've never read a comic book in my life, so that's all jibberish to me. i watched some Justice League cartoon back in the day and Flash always seemed like the coolest character, so that's basically why I'm giving this a shot

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Great pilot. I'm going to give Arrow a 2nd chance based off how good this was.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I dont think Wells is Professor Zoom at all if anything I think he's Bart Allen and if you read the comics Thawne is Professor Zoom they could change that so who knows thats my theory

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
‘The Flash’ Most Watched CW Premiere Ever With Live+3 Ratings Boost

by Nellie Andreeva October 13, 2014 12:53pm

flash.jpeg

The CW’s new drama Flash, already the second-most-watched series debut in the network’s history in the Live+Same Day ratings, has leapfrogged over flagship The Vampire Diaries to rank as the most watched CW series premiere ever. The superhero drama did it with the help of a healthy 33% Live+3 boost, which lifted its premiere audience to 6.42 million. That is higher than both the L+3 (5.49 million) and Live+7 viewership (5.66 million) for the TVD 2009 launch, so now The Flash is competing with itself, with the only unknown being the final L+7 total viewers number that will go into the the CW’s history books.

the-cw-logo_green-and-white.png

In adults 18-49, The Flash debut rose 32% in L3 to a 2.5 rating. That is a tad higher than TVD (2.44) but behind the CW’s record holder, the 2008 debut of 90210, which posted a very big 2.9 demo rating. That is a large gap to close, so The Flash likely will solidify its No. 2 place on the CW’s all-time list of top series premieres among adults 18-49 with its expected L7 lift. Still, with another new superhero drama,Gotham,breaking the record for days 4-7 lift with +0.9 for its debut, anything is possible. One thing is certain, The Flash will get a full-season order pretty soon.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/the-flash-premiere-ratings-record-l3-cw-850508/

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
its going to be interesting how this 2nd episode pans out. Usually pilots get a huge budget for all the special effects and what not. I want to see how this episode handles a smaller budget in terms of action, and if the story itself can keep the show going without leaning heavily on special effects. :lupe:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This show is good so far.

I love the:

Relationship with Barry and Irish

Barry working for iris dad

the wheel chair dude and 2 sidekicks

The scene setting is dope and effects are good

I like it better than Arrow