satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
great bedwenching
I think Iris is my new celeb crush.

:patrice: Even though a big reason I watch CW shows is for the BAD white hoes, I gotta admit The CW does a GOOD-ASS job of also casting BAD black brehettes. Of the top of my head, I can think of at least 12 CW dramas that I've watched this year with a BAD brehette who was at least a recurring character.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Flash Casts Smash Alum to Play Gay DC Comics Villain Pied Piper
PfvbXpq.jpg

Here’s a piece of casting news that’s sure to make some noise: Smash vet Andy Mientus is joining The Flash as hearing impaired (and openly gay) DC Comics villain Pied Piper (AKA Hartley Rathaway), TVLine has learned exclusively.

One of DC’s original Rogues, Hartley is a bona fide genius who used to work at S.T.A.R. Labs until a falling out with his mentor, Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh). The particle accelerator robbed Hartley of his hearing, but inspired him to create a series of sonic weapons that he uses in an effort to punish Wells by destroying his new protege: The Flash.
Pied Piper is one of the few openly gay villains in the DC Universe, and I’m told The Flash will not be shying away from that aspect of the character.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/09/the-flash-pied-piper-gay-andy-mientus-season-1-cast/

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:comeon: No they didn't!! They've only greenlit it for a Pilot.
It was given a full series commitment so if CBS likes the script it automatically gets a season pick-up (which could be anywhere from 10 or more episodes) so all signs point to it getting a time slot on CBS' schedule within a season or two.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
As soon as I saw Wells I knew he wasnt on the level and was hiding shyt. That cat just looks creepy as hell especially when he takes off those glasses. I must say the CGI in this shyt looks damn near movie quality. Great pilot

Last edited:

TheyCallMeAzul

All Star
Daps
Brehs I just read that this is an Arrow spinoff. Does watching the first two Arrow seasons provide significantly more context for this? Or should I just start this show?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Brehs I just read that this is an Arrow spinoff. Does watching the first two Arrow seasons provide significantly more context for this? Or should I just start this show?
Just start the show. Barry only appeared in season 2 of Arrow episodes 8(The Scientist) and 9 (Three Ghosts) but I'd say watch Arrow immediately after watching this episode. Too much greatness in that shyt.
i5c67n.jpg

TheyCallMeAzul

All Star
Daps
Just start the show. Barry only appeared in season 2 of Arrow episodes 8(The Scientist) and 9 (Three Ghosts) but I'd say watch Arrow immediately after watching this episode. Too much greatness in that shyt.
i5c67n.jpg
Got thru like 3 episodes but I heard it picks up big time:ehh:. I might get back on it this weekend

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:heh: I just realized that the Eddie Thawne character is being played by the same dude that played Dr. Wes Maxfield on "The Vampire Diaries" last season.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The CW is good for recycling actors.
Grant Gustin was on 90210 and Stephen Amell was a werewolf on The Vampire Diaries.

:heh: We had this discussion in the "90210" thread over the summer. Recycling CW actors has been going on since the late 90's on the old WB Network : http://www.thecoli.com/threads/yall-watch-90210.41073/page-23#post-8917273

:mindblown: You won't believe how many random guest-stars on "7th Heaven" ended up being regulars or recurring characters on other CW/WB shows.

:manny: I'm fine with The CW doing this. I've got into a bunch CW shows in large part because they had actors I was familiar with from other CW/WB shows. "Arrow", TVD, & "Supernatural" are all examples of this.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And speaking of another recycled CW actor...I think that they cast Robbie Amell and Victor Garber to make Firestorm be the 3rd series that is being talked about.