'The Flash' gets July 2022 release date, Andy Muschietti to direct

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And why would they. I posted what the differences are between a Wright leaving a film and a Grahame Smith leaving a film.
One guy is a respected director...the other guy wrote Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.:manny:
Most of marvels guys at one time were just the other guy that wrote/directed...... :sas1: looks like another pass for DC but at this point they need every pass they can get :sas2:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Most of marvels guys at one time were just the other guy that wrote/directed...... :sas1: looks like another pass for DC but at this point they need every pass they can get :sas2:
That isn't the point though.
If The Russo Brothers had left Winter Soldier before actual shooting had begun nobody would have gave a shyt because all they had done up to that point was a couple episodes of TV series.
Michelle McClaren leaving Wonder Woman was not that big a deal because she was not all that deeply involved with the project from its inception. Same for when Patty Jenkins left Thor.
Edgar Wright took ownership of Ant Man as a movie concept...it was a passion project for him and only even become a priority for Marvel because of Wright's push for the character. So when he was removed it was a bigger issue only because of that. Most fans weren't eagerly looking forward to an Ant Man movie. What most fans were looking forward to was an Edgar Wright Ant Man movie.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
If you believe WB's DC franchise is anywhere near the health of Star Wars and Marvel you are seriously deluded.

These director changes are just part of a long list of fukk ups WB has made with the DC universe. They are literally making shyt up as they go along. There's no clear direction or focus. One minute they're trying to make dark and edgy films, the next minute they want to use Marvel's lighter approach. The clusterfukk shoot of Suicide Squad is a microcosm of this. They have a fraud like Zach Snyder as their creative figurehead. They are fukked.

I've no horse in this race. I could give a fukk about Marvel's films either but at least they know what they're doing. WB are out here throwing shyt at the wall hoping for something to stick. They are a million miles from the clear direction of the Marvel and Star Wars films.

When did they ever go for Marvels lighter approach? They're two movies deep now OF COURSE they're behind Star Wars (7 movies) and Marvel (12?).

They just made 850mill on their second movie, befor you say it I'm aware that it's not a billi and that critics hated it.

But let's give them a few movies before making up shyt. When I saw the first Ironman and then the new Hulk I did NOT think Marvel was going to be running shyt - and I enjoyed both movies.

It's weird people say shyt like they don't pick sides but then they seem to be rooting for one side to fail.

I'm loving all this shyt, let DC try and see where they end up. Star Wars and Marvel and Trek and any other franchise had a bunch of missteps. As long as they make money, and they did and DC movies will, they have chances to rethink shyt. That's a win for everyone.

Again - director's leaving is normal as fukk, let's not read too much into it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If The Russo Brothers had left Winter Soldier before actual shooting had begun nobody would have gave a shyt because all they had done up to that point was a couple episodes of TV series.
Michelle McClaren leaving Wonder Woman was not that big a deal because she was not all that deeply involved with the project from its inception. Same for when Patty Jenkins left Thor.
Edgar Wright took ownership of Ant Man as a movie concept...it was a passion project for him and only even become a priority for Marvel because of Wright's push for the character. So when he was removed it was a bigger issue only because of that. Most fans weren't eagerly looking forward to an Ant Man movie. What most fans were looking forward to was an Edgar Wright Ant Man movie.
all im hearing is some guy got the boot for creative differences like a bunch of other guys :sas1:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
all im hearing is some guy got the boot for creative differences like a bunch of other guys :sas1:
But @Bryan Danielson 's post was about whether it would engender the same outrage that Edgar Wright's leaving Ant Man did and there is no real comparison between the two situations.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And Marvel continued and made a good movie anyway (general consensus). The original point is can DC/Warner do the same? With their current track record you can't have too much confidence.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And Marvel continued and made a good movie anyway (general consensus). The original point is can DC/Warner do the same? With their current track record you can't have too much confidence.
I enjoyed MOS and BvS more than Ant Man which I found be ok but overall an imminently forgettable movie so I am not suffering from the same lack of confidence that you are.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I enjoyed MOS and BvS more than Ant Man which I found be ok but overall an imminently forgettable movie so I am not suffering from the same lack of confidence that you are.
At the very least this move shows indecision on WB/DC's part. Making director changes pre-production is not a confident move. :manny:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
At the very least this move shows indecision on WB/DC's part. Making director changes pre-production is not a confident move. :manny:
The best time to make a director switch is pre-production. You don't want to be doing it when filming has already started.
This is pretty standard in Hollywood so I don't see why anyone would look at it as some sort of portent of doom.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
intrduce all your characters in an impromptu email brehs

I love how each video had its own logo, that means Lex actually took time off his letter writing to bruce wayne, hiring international hit men to infiltrate terrorist organizations and making backdoor deals with the military and brush off his old PS skills and designed those logos.

Or hired a Graphic designer and then had him killed I suppose :deadmanny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The best time to make a director switch is pre-production. You don't want to be doing it when filming has already started.
This is pretty standard in Hollywood so I don't see why anyone would look at it as some sort of portent of doom.
Coming off two very polarizing films, especially BvS, its very understandable to look at major changes like booting out directors with a :jbhmm:

Its almost as if they are shook and unsure of what they need to do to make a movie everyone will like :sas2:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I'm not saying this is doom for the movie cause the director is a nobody but still changing just cause isn't a good look. Why did they pick him in the first place?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I love how each video had its own logo, that means Lex actually took time off his letter writing to bruce wayne, hiring international hit men to infiltrate terrorist organizations and making backdoor deals with the military and brush off his old PS skills and designed those logos.

Or hired a Graphic designer and then had him killed I suppose :deadmanny:
I hope they casted the graphic designer in the Director's Cut. Would love so see how he gets merked. :lolbron: