The :flabbynsick: aren't always as :flabbynsick: as you think they are

¢apitali$t Migraine

Kneel Before Zod, Muthafücka
Daps
Reppin
§Ū₱ĒR√|££∆|Π
The only way the artist you named were able to cross over and get sales was by incorporating negativity into their music to attract the mass appeal of white consumers. That's why they were getting money and and the old heads couldn't get 'no more.'

None of that speaks to the quality or character of the music tho and those artists from the silver era only have a handful of records as good or timeless as Children's Story.
:martin:The 80's had positivity cuz Reaganomics n the crack era were TURNING nikkas into zombies n a lotta mfers still had responsible ass parents. By the time time the 90's hit for real, the generational effects of all that bullshyt was startin to take full effect n Clinton was lockin nikkas tf up. Wasn't a goddamn thing to be smilin about, talkin sum positivity.:what:

It went from ur mom's friend bein a dope fiend, to ur mom bein a fiend, to ur sister gettin knocked up n u servin ur moms n her friend to support the household. nikkas be talkin that, Yooo da music got less positive shyt. Man shyt wasn't mfn positive no more. Serial killers was walkin round with a pocket fulla goddamn money, but since they was black they were called Gangstas. U could get blowed off the map for no damn reason.

The music was a reflection of that, art imitates life not the other way around. Man Shan & Melle Mel was out there on the pizzipe, that's what the goddamn heroes of Cooperstown was doin in the street. shyt was damn near post-apocalyptic, with the same buildings n houses from the 70's n 80's to make the shyt even more surreal n bizarre.

At least in the 80's nikkas was hustlin to build a criminal enterprise n get money. In the 90's nikkas wasn't even flossin like that no more. Mfers was doin shyt for the thrill. U can hear it in albums like Ready To Die, it was about being a goddamn psycho not trustin nobody.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Post 1 stated the terms for this whole charade to take place. I mentioned the ban bet a number of times. Billy Ocean implicitly went along.
Post 1 stated YOUR terms.
You may have inferred that Billy was agreeing to your ban bet term - but nothing in his posts implied that.
So far there is an agreement to a $100 payment for a video as @Billy Ocean described.
Aye @SirBiatch .... this sh!t gotta be by the end of the US day. And it has to be legit. N!ggas wanna see you logged in on the Coli on your pc and you gotta be talking too. No bullsh!t you trolling f@ggot.
Agree to that or move on.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Post 1 stated YOUR terms.
You may have inferred that Billy was agreeing to your ban bet term - but nothing in his posts implied that.
So far there is an agreement to a $100 payment for a video as @Billy Ocean described.

Agree to that or move on.

It was real simple. A hundred just to show yourself and at the same time make me look silly. He knows I didn't agree to a ban, I wasn't even thinking about that ban part in his first post. In the pm we agreed on a hundred for a vid by the end of the day. I set up a PayPal account and gave him my email too. He full of sh!t.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
theres still great music

the only issue is

what has become POPULAR rap music, for the most part, is pretty trash

honestly, i sometimes think someone like tupac or biggie wouldnt even be popular these days if they came out now. they dont make super catchy club type songs, and their music content is too aggressive. kids wouldnt b able to relate to that shyt, they'd rather listen to some rae sremmurd n shyt

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm not driving in circles with you.

Post 1 stated the terms for this whole charade to take place. I mentioned the ban bet a number of times. Billy Ocean implicitly went along. Billy said he didn't have paypal, and I said this WORD FOR WORD

Then he went ahead and set it up (or so he tells me).

Stop playing dumb. You or your boyfriend are gonna have to take that ban bet. Discuss it with him and get back to me.

Lmao! I'm just jumping back in this thread. That sh!t he posted is what he edited in the pm convo after I set up the PayPal and gave him my email :laff:

Yo this n!gga is a FRAUD :laff:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Lmao! I'm just jumping back in this thread. That sh!t he posted is what he edited in the pm convo after I set up the PayPal and gave him my email :laff:

Yo this n!gga is a FRAUD :laff:

You're a fukking basket case. You can't edit pms.

@mobbinfms is your boyfriend gon take the ban bet or not? I'm willing to have you take the ban bet in his place. Let's not waste time. I don't know why both of you are so shook.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
bqfy.png

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You're a fukking basket case. You can't edit pms.

@mobbinfms is your boyfriend gon take the ban bet or not? I'm willing to have you take the ban bet in his place. Let's not waste time. I don't know why both of you are so shook.

You post where we both agreed to a ban bet and I double the money.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
You post where we both agreed to a ban bet and I double the money.

I've already demonstrated that you knew the full terms and you went along to participate. And that's the last I'll speak on that. No more retro conversations.

The only answer that matters: Ban bet or not? simple.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
There was some terrible hip hop in the 80's/90's and 2k's,bad music is bad music.We will remember the Drake's/KL/Lupe's and more of this generation but history will not be so kind on all artists.Like when you think about an old girlfriend,the bad memories become less bad and nostalgia kicks in.If you are in your teens right now or early 20's it will happen to you too,being young does not make you an expert on contemperary music,it just means you're influenced on a deeper level by what you choose to listen to because you are at a impressionable age.You will say the same thing the older woman was saying in about 20 yrs,earlier if you grow up a bit faster.Hip hop is youth culture like all western culture is obsessed with youth.While we all wanna live forever and some even wanna die young,let's not forget that you are older a lot longer in your life than you are young.Growing up is the first step in growing old and that's something hip hop is painfully ignoring right now.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
There was some terrible hip hop in the 80's/90's and 2k's,bad music is bad music.We will remember the Drake's/KL/Lupe's and more of this generation but history will not be so kind on all artists.Like when you think about an old girlfriend,the bad memories become less bad and nostalgia kicks in.If you are in your teens right now or early 20's it will happen to you too,being young does not make you an expert on contemperary music,it just means you're influenced on a deeper level by what you choose to listen to because you are at a impressionable age.You will say the same thing the older woman was saying in about 20 yrs,earlier if you grow up a bit faster.Hip hop is youth culture like all western culture is obsessed with youth.While we all wanna live forever and some even wanna die young,let's not forget that you are older a lot longer in your life than you are young.Growing up is the fist step in growing old and that's something hip hop is painfully ignoring right now.

post more often please

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I've already demonstrated that you knew the full terms and you went along to participate. And that's the last I'll speak on that. No more retro conversations.

The only answer that matters: Ban bet or not? simple.

Naw. Some editing was done in that pm. You and somebody else trolling. Sh!t just ruined my fun.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but it's not though... all of these "youth" rappers are 30 plus or damn near 30..

when they get in front of the camera and name influences or favorite artists, it's always someone from the 90s-00s

and when you ask them about current artists or state, they all say they feel it ain't hot enough or strong enough... they all trying to be the one to bring real shyt back... or be the ones lyrically killing it (drake, cole, kendrick)... they all paying homage to old school cats and featuring them and covering their songs

it's about what the labels choose to put out... cookie cutter bullshyt.. even off an album with 15 great tracks, they'll push the bullshyt so it LOOKS like that's all that's out..

Nostalgia is a muhfukka....

I've already spoken on this and why it doesn't make sense to try and reproduce the music of your youth
by the standards of your time and then expect that to appeal to this generation

80s n!ggaz had Juice Crew, Kane and Rakim

We had Pac and Big, Nas

This generation has Drake, Kendrick and Cole

It's 2015...labels are looking towards the internet to see whose getting views, follows, vine loops and other social metrics

and they push out what these kids want to hear...

All this bickering about todays music when you have access to vast libraries of old content to enjoy
is just people having revisionist nostalgia ...

You think Public Enemy and Run DMC fans were delighted when gangster rap took over the airwaves ?