The first uk rap video

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Peck'narm

Jeeze this brings back memories. I grew up with Nathaniel (Giggs) and knew his fam. And my fam was involved in the music scene around then. Especially the rap and grime scenes.

I remember when you'd hit Channel U you would know you'd made it on street-level recognition.
Are you from North Peckham/frontline?

That area produced a lot of stars. Giggs, Rio Ferdinand, John Boyega, Damson Idris, Fem Felon (he’s Pogba’s cousin from his mum’s side & now a successful football agent after he stopped rapping), the Imafidons, a lot of decent footballers & a lot of highly educated people doing well in different walks of life. Back in the day, no one would’ve thought of that. That was Vietnam with napalm in South London. Narm - the jungle.

I use to get put onto different artist from rwd forum

True.

Rap was underground/local in the UK back then & most people did it as a hobby tbh. People just used to share on mp3 & limewire. YouTube changed the game.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Always go back and spend a few hours going through old raps.

The shyt you see today. :scusthov:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you can embrace whoever you like, but keep it real in hindsight, Hip Hop got pushed aside and this quick fast wack movement came and went over there..
jungle is a mess, drum n base is trash and now you have crazy amalgmations of horrible subcultural music like 2 step and fukk knows what now ??

I guess Soul/RNB is dead over there too? UK gave the world some great music man, once upon a time that was..including some dope dope hip hop.
I actually really like two step and Garage. The sound isn’t complex or anything, but there’s something really refreshing and danceable about it

Daps
I don't know if this was the first video, but it's an absolute classic of UK hip-hop... man I REALLY miss UKHH of the 90s and early 2000s

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Fellas,
This is somewhat related to the topic. London was one of the first cities, outside of New York, to see and experience the elements of hip hop in person. We know about the early connection in New York between the emerging hip hop and punk scenes. Well in 1982, Fab Five Freddy and some people in the other scenes launched the FIRST international hip hop tour.

urlc870f0a9da0e4537.jpg

The Fresh Fest was in 1984, which would have been the first full fledged domestic hip hop tour. So London, and the other cities on the New York City Rap Tour saw the authentic thing up close and in person before many cities in the US did.