The Fatherhood Thread

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
What are some things you say to him to reinforce this?

Because even tho your BM's new nikka don't want to be his daddy, your son might emulate him in some ways.

I mean to be honest, besides being there for him and being in his life.I wouldn't know what else to do. He never has really emulated anyone else besides his mom and me and his grandpops on her side.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i have 2 boys and its difficult for me because i dont have a template to rock from. i know my dad but i had to go to him all my life to get whatever it is i know. he basically said F me and my sister when my mom left him

with my sons, its challenging because we are all basically learning together how our relationship is supposed to work. at the end of the day though, i am someone they can both depend on in any situation and i break my back to make sure they are getting a fair shake on all levels i can affect. i spend a great deal of time with my oldest trying to keep him from sabotaging himself. its a marathon for sure

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Ok folks, since fathers day is coming up, I got to thinking...

I don't have kids yet, but it's coming sooner or later. I have an aiiight example of a father, but he wasn't a slam dunk pops because he didn't know his own pappy, ya dig? But it's cool. No hard feelings from me. :obama:

So, this thread will be the thread where all Coli fathers congregate to pass down advice to soon-to-be fathers, and just to talk general fatherhood jive.

The Bible says "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" so let's sharpen each other as brehthren. :smugfavre:

Let's try not to focus too much on baby mama drama tho, unless it ties into the kids.
Yeah...let's get this shyt poppin...

As a boy-dad, these lil negros really look up to us and wanna be under our titties...

Mines is young so my job now is easy...I'm in for advice from those with older boys

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
i have 2 boys and its difficult for me because i dont have a template to rock from. i know my dad but i had to go to him all my life to get whatever it is i know. he basically said F me and my sister when my mom left him

with my sons, its challenging because we are all basically learning together how our relationship is supposed to work. at the end of the day though, i am someone they can both depend on in any situation and i break my back to make sure they are getting a fair shake on all levels i can affect. i spend a great deal of time with my oldest trying to keep him from sabotaging himself. its a marathon for sure
:salute:

10 years later...? Update?