The Fatherhood Thread

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i want a baby girl so bad...:noah:

but i don't want anymore kids, so :sadcam:

I have a 4 yr old...one of the best 4 yrs of my life....had maaad tea parties, kissed hella booboos and I now know all the Princesses..nothing like it! I wanted a boy but she had me wrapped around her fingers at the hospital...

2nd born is a boy tho:win:

Speaking of which....them kid stories/princess stories are not the best life stories out there...Pigs getting ate....Princes kissing dead princesses on the mouth:gag:...all sorts of withcraft....

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Get out your emotions, i'm talking about a lack of father figure on your end. First paragraph only talks about what society or tv tells you in regards to how to live your life, relationships, and parenting with no mention of any advice from dad. Then you bring up child support :snoop:

So yea my assumption wasn't snatched out the air...thats what i gathered from your post. You're a single dad and you take care of your kid, good for you, i'll make sure I send you a basket of fresh baked cookies next Sunday.

This is why I say get to know me.....Your assumptions are way off...Not only was there a father in my life but he's still in my life and still lives with me. My pops did his part providing and putting me thru catholic school all my life so its an honor returning the favor and taking care of him in his sunset years.... And dont send those fresh baked cookies to my home bytch....Hand deliver them yourself and feed them to me, wipe the crumbs from my mouth when I'm done, take your ass upstairs and clean out that funky snatch , put on something pretty and wait for daddy to come upstairs and fukk noodle juice out of your dumb ass.

* Me putting the tool in SheSeauxTrill*

1339383552796.gif

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A thread about imparting wisdom upon young black men and how to guide and lead your children, the future of our community, and so far all posts are about child support court.

Demonic.

There was only ONE post pertaining to child support court before your post

Your intentions, so demonic.

TreyAce

Antichrist of The-Coli
Daps
Stay the fukk outta my coneversation if u dont know me.....I'm a single dad....My son lives in a house thats paid for and has his own room. B- student who's going to a basketball camp this summer. I do this sh*t alone and will be damned if some nobody on the internet dares challenge my position as a father. I shared with you my flaws as a parent and u offered nothing in return which says alot about U.....Instead of saying dumb sh*t....get to know me, elaborate or offer some sound advice...otherwsie shut the fukk up!

goddamn at the ether
:dead:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Labor -

fukking traumatic. If your in the room, the screams, needles, blood and smells are shyt you'll never forget. There isn't a damn thing plesant about this stage.

The first two weeks:

Give it about 1-5 days home and you will have your first ever emotional breakdown. You'll never, EVER predict what will trigger it either. Mine was coming home from work, 3rd day home and seeing my wife on the edge of the couch with my son in her arms, and my mother in law sitting ON THE ARM of the SAME SIDE of the couch hovering over the two of them....no one else in the house.
:huhldup:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I was the same about Daughters at first. Me and my son are so tight and do damn near everything together I wasn't sure if I would be able to provide the same for her as far as mentoring and soild advice.

I was wrong, my daughter is 20 months now and it has been dope. It has changed the whole way I am towards women and made me a more well rounded person. I've seen females who never had a dad at home so I'm making sure she gets all the benefits of me being there and trying to make sure I set a good example of what a man is so she'll have that to use when them loser knuckleheads try to talk to her later in life.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
How often yall get your kid(s) if you not with the mother??

I get mines once a week from friday to sat. I dont know if I should keep doing that or tell my BM that I want every other weekend.

Yall ever introduce chicks to your kids? How soon?

I have a 4 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter me and their mother been split up for a little over two years.

My baby mother been talking to this guy for a while and my son always be talking about this nikka, not often but enough for me to be like shut the fukk up. He says shyt like daddy, ronnie and you look a like, daddy ronnie likes basketball too. One day I'm gonna be like fukk ronnie :pacspit::pacspit: but I gotta be grown about the situation.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My baby mother been talking to this guy for a while and my son always be talking about this nikka, not often but enough for me to be like shut the fukk up. He says shyt like daddy, ronnie and you look a like, daddy ronnie likes basketball too. One day I'm gonna be like fukk ronnie :pacspit::pacspit: but I gotta be grown about the situation.

You share that kid :shaq:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Learn to separate the relationship with your child, and the relationship with the mother of your child. Don't ever take it out on the child because she pissed you off. Don't stop seeing your kid, spending money on your kid, or any of that just to prove a point to her. Being a dad is independent of being a great boyfriend, husband, etc. You can't be replaced if you are present.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
What are some tips ya'll would advise? :huh:

My main thing is don't let someone else tell you how to handle your child. Take advise from elders and people who been through it but at the end of the day its your child they are unique.

I always get shyt from other parents at my son's basketball games cause they say "you are too hard on him, you put too much pressure on him" but they don't know my son, how we communicate and what we work on. He isn't out there just to participate, he WANTS to get better and nobody else is going to push him to get better but me.

And its always those same parents who are complaining to the coaches about their kids not getting enough playing time and sh!t.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
You share that kid :shaq:

:manny::manny:

Breh when you split from ya baby moms, aint really shyt you can do about it. Long as nobody hurting my son or talking down to him or disrespecting him I'm good.

Regardless my lil man know I'm pops so...

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
:manny::manny:

Breh when you split from ya baby moms, aint really shyt you can do about it. Long as nobody hurting my son or talking down to him or disrespecting him I'm good.

Regardless my lil man know I'm pops so...

What are some things you say to him to reinforce this?

Because even tho your BM's new nikka don't want to be his daddy, your son might emulate him in some ways.