The Fatherhood Thread

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Ok folks, since fathers day is coming up, I got to thinking...

I don't have kids yet, but it's coming sooner or later. I have an aiiight example of a father, but he wasn't a slam dunk pops because he didn't know his own pappy, ya dig? But it's cool. No hard feelings from me. :obama:

So, this thread will be the thread where all Coli fathers congregate to pass down advice to soon-to-be fathers, and just to talk general fatherhood jive.

The Bible says "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" so let's sharpen each other as brehthren. :smugfavre:

Let's try not to focus too much on baby mama drama tho, unless it ties into the kids.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If u dont get along with the BM and she's trying to get at ya pockets thru the courts file for custody like I did.

If u cant get custody and U LUCKY ENOUGH TO NOT HAVE money taken from ya check and u hitting her off....mAKE sure u keep a stub of all the checks and money orders and keep then in a shoebox. That way if things get ugly later down the line and she up and decides to go to court and say u aint paying u can pull out that shoebox of stubs as evidence for the judge.

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rule/Tip #1. Get That Blood Test

call my nikka if yu have to goddamn cuz shyt real and hoes been tricking nikkas ever since i can remember

Today's Question: If a paternity test is nessesary can there ever be trust in the relationship?
Call Us Now: 1-866-99-MAURY

maury.jpg

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just be a man and the rest will work itself out.

We live in a society that has somehow made it seem ok to smoke marijuana.......In the hood u will find a million an 1 Blackmen who will give you their reason as to why smoking weed is harmless. Being a man in todays society means denouncing the BS of outside influences that are popular yet non beneficial.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
A thread about imparting wisdom upon young black men and how to guide and lead your children, the future of our community, and so far all posts are about child support court.

Demonic.

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We live in a society that has somehow made it seem ok to smoke marijuana.......In the hood u will find a million an 1 Blackmen who will give you their reason as to why smoking weed is harmless. Being a man in todays society means denouncing the BS of outside influences that are popular yet non beneficial.

You are right. Being a "man" embodies so many facotrs that aid in steering clear of many of societies pitfalls. Being a man is not easy or popular though.

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking for myself.....yes I was on that...naah I aint having kids...want to live the :win: lifestyle....but found the right woman, married and now with a daughter and son.

Fatherhood as any father will tell you is not easy....from the diaper changes to being a cafeteria+paramedic at 3am half asleep...to when they get older and you are mediating the Middle East Peace plan every other day.

It comes down to the little things...opening the door and being Lawrence Taylor'ed by by your kids to having tea parties.....yeah I said it...cookies too!

With the right woman and committment on BOTH parties....you good.

Happy Fathers Day to all holding it down....

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Ok folks, since fathers day is coming up, I got to thinking...

I don't have kids yet, but it's coming sooner or later. I have an aiiight example of a father, but he wasn't a slam dunk pops because he didn't know his own pappy, ya dig? But it's cool. No hard feelings from me. :obama:

So, this thread will be the thread where all Coli fathers congregate to pass down advice to soon-to-be fathers, and just to talk general fatherhood jive.

The Bible says "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" so let's sharpen each other as brehthren. :smugfavre:

Let's try not to focus too much on baby mama drama tho, unless it ties into the kids.

Never tell your son " I dont know" make-up something reasonably and fill in the rest later. My son asks me a million questions a day.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A thread about imparting wisdom upon young black men and how to guide and lead your children, the future of our community, and so far all posts are about child support court.

Demonic.

well for 1 we live in a society that tells men lies and BS about what love is...what marriage is...and what being a man is. When speaking realisticly on being a father sadly we have to first address the BS and myths. Being a dad is not like how it appears on tv......in reality u have guys dealing with child support.....Child support is a issue a lot of men have to deal with....Its the ultimate reality check because u cant just pray child support payments away.

Here's something all fathers need to focus on.....Your kid is watching everything u do.....even your bad habits and they will hold onto those images for years. You have to watch how u act around ya kid.....its like being around a new girl only u have to have ya game face on 24 /7 because your kid will remember your contradictions and flaws. The other day my son brought up how I let him watch Scarface at 10 and how I allow him to play Saints Row and Grand Theft Auto and that it wasnt good. I then explained to him that I watched R rated movies and played violent games when i was his age and didnt see anything wrong with it as long as I acknowledge the situation and moniter his activities......But the fact that he said it like that kinda made me check myself.....am I wrong for allowing him to play violent video games and watching supervised R Rated movies? My moms threw away my NWA tapes but didnt say anything when that girl pulled out 3 tittys in the movie Total Recall. I remember being in the 7th Grade and the teachers allowing us to watch Boyz N The Hood and Lethal Weapon so whats the difference? ......These are questions i'm currently asking myself. One thing I am strict on is profanity in music....yet sometimes im a hypocrite because 1) i play it when i'm in my zone and he's around and 2) when trying to put my son onto classic hip hop albums from the 90's I allow him to listen to the curses.....This is the biggest conflict i'm dealing with right now as a parent.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
spend LOTS of one on one time with your sons. they ask questions when it's just the 2 of you. i have 2 sons (one biological and one step) and i spend one on one time with both. my oldest son (step) is going to high school this year, and he asks a lot of those "out of left field" questions. and he doesn't ask them unless we are the only two people around. so i make sure that I create those opportunities so that he can vent or ask questions. he has a pops, but that nikka rarely comes around. and he lives 5 minutes away. so i'm the REAL daddy in this situation. my youngest son (biological) is going to middle school, so i will have to have "the talk" with him during the summer. i spend a whole lot of time with my son because....well.....he is MY son. and I want him to know that even though i have a step son too, that I am aware of my obligation to him as my biological son. i tell my sons that i love them and that i am proud of them on a daily basis. i hug them all the time. i YELL at them so that they get used to the sound of an upset man so when they become men and get angry, they know what it's supposed to sound like. i'm hard on them, but i'm also a cool dad. but I know which one is appropriate for the specific situation. i love my sons. both of them. and as much shyt as ya'll talk about "raising another nikka's child", i do so with pride. i'm proud that I had an awesome pops to help me to become a man, and if i am in a position where I can father another child who doesn't have that, then i'm happy to do it. my sons are both honor roll students, very responsible, respectible, outgoing, and friendly young men who i am very proud of! They are reflections of me.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First things first; you gotta forget about being selfish. There will be no more "me" time. Everything, I mean everything revolves around the baby. Especially when they are young. It gets a lil bit easier as they get older.

Don't have kids young. Because you are not gonna be able to live that young life anymore. Choose your partner wisely because if you are both immature it's gonna be a clusterfukk.

So if your mature and have a good partner having kids is one of the most amazing things in the world. To watch what you have helped bring into this world be a reflection of your love. The more you love and teach that child the more amazing your own life becomes. Do what you know is right, because you are their prime example of how to live.

Lastly, love them, nurture them, hug them, kiss them, protect them, talk to them, and listen to them. Be the man that your daughter will look for when she's looking for her husband. Be the blueprint your son will use to also become a man.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
spend LOTS of one on one time with your sons. they ask questions when it's just the 2 of you. i have 2 sons (one biological and one step) and i spend one on one time with both. my oldest son (step) is going to high school this year, and he asks a lot of those "out of left field" questions. and he doesn't ask them unless we are the only two people around. so i make sure that I create those opportunities so that he can vent or ask questions. he has a pops, but that nikka rarely comes around. and he lives 5 minutes away. so i'm the REAL daddy in this situation. my youngest son (biological) is going to middle school, so i will have to have "the talk" with him during the summer. i spend a whole lot of time with my son because....well.....he is MY son. and I want him to know that even though i have a step son too, that I am aware of my obligation to him as my biological son. i tell my sons that i love them and that i am proud of them on a daily basis. i hug them all the time. i YELL at them so that they get used to the sound of an upset man so when they become men and get angry, they know what it's supposed to sound like. i'm hard on them, but i'm also a cool dad. but I know which one is appropriate for the specific situation. i love my sons. both of them. and as much shyt as ya'll talk about "raising another nikka's child", i do so with pride. i'm proud that I had an awesome pops to help me to become a man, and if i am in a position where I can father another child who doesn't have that, then i'm happy to do it. my sons are both honor roll students, very responsible, respectible, outgoing, and friendly young men who i am very proud of! They are reflections of me.

Do your sons post here?

How do they feel about their dad discussing pawgs, biting nas booty like a peach, sharing girls and buffaque wings all day?

:dwillhuh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Good stuff. For me theres really no better feeling then when your son asks you a question, you give the answer and you can tell from their reaction they understand.