The Fall of the House of Usher (Mike Flanagan Piff)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This Verna chick is the most intriguing what the hell is she?:whoo:Now she's at the hospital just like that???:lupe:Camille about to catch a mean L she warned her:damn::damn:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like the show so far, but in what world is T'Nia Miller half white? :what:
I tried to suspend my belief and took it that she was adopted:lupe:
...but they went out the way to show the other b*stard seeds moms at their funeral:mjpls:

I can't imagine what more ETHER can the scorched Sista Wife go through with that batshyt cokeout spouse:demonic:

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Run up in every bytch you see raw after being told exactly what will happen by a demon brehs.

Homie was in serious denial while his sister got the IUD immediately :russ:

Kind of slick on Madelines part. She could’ve adopted some kids and left them the fortune since it wouldnt be her bloodline. I wanted to see what other types of deals she struck with people. Hard to tell what the motive of Gugina’s was tho. Not really evil almost like Karma personified

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Homie was in serious denial while his sister got the IUD immediately :russ:

Kind of slick on Madelines part. She could’ve adopted some kids and left them the fortune since it wouldnt be her bloodline. I wanted to see what other types of deals she struck with people. Hard to tell what the motive of Gugina’s was tho. Not really evil almost like Karma personified

Didn't see that demon in any photos with black people :mjpls:

Probably too much work for her if she had to protect a black billionaire in the 1920s and shyt. :russ:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't see that demon in any photos with black people :mjpls:

Probably too much work for her if she had to protect a black billionaire in the 1920s and shyt. :russ:

To be fair i know my religious ass ancestors aint trying to make a deal with a demon so that part of the story is accurate. I cant see my grandfather or pops making a deal like that. They would just deal with the shyt by smokin or drinkin something

:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Botz
SPOILER ALERT:

I finished the show over the weekend. Overall, I liked, the build-up and character development were really good, but, I feel like the end could be a little bit better.
Like, who was the lady? They had a lot of money, could find her pics with many famous people, spanning more than a century, but couldn't find anyone that went through the same(or knows someone) and could at least give them some tips on how to negotiate the deal?

Not saying they had to survive in the end, but at least try more than they did in the series....

Also, finally finished "The Haunting Of Hill House" and seriously, no comparison. This one, House Of Usher, is way better.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Also, finally finished "The Haunting Of Hill House" and seriously, no comparison. This one, House Of Usher, is way better.
Based on what? I could see one enjoying this more but Hill House did way more in terms of cinematography with the two episodes that were only two or three shots. Usher has no Broken necked lady or whatever that episode was called either. Hill House had some genuinely scary atmospheric moments for me.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Based on what? I could see one enjoying this more but Hill House did way more in terms of cinematography with the two episodes that were only two or three shots. Usher has no Broken necked lady or whatever that episode was called either. Hill House had some genuinely scary atmospheric moments for me.
Hill House also had a way more sympathetic family. Parts of it felt like I was watching my own family on screen, the love the hate etc.

This family is so broken that most of them get murked with damn near zero response from the siblings or the aunt. The dad, and Rahul Kohli's character, were the only ones who showed some depth imo.

And I fukks with the show, this was not a flaw of the writing - this was by design. Two traumatized siblings who sold their souls for riches and birthed a bunch of soulless spoiled broken brats.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Enjoyed it overall. Kind of tapered off inching toward the end a bit. The Final Destination'ish shyt started to wear thin after awhile. And Verna's whole lil bill coming due almost seemed insignificant since it seem like breh and his sister was gonna come up by any means anyway so they didn't even need to do that. Shout out to da homie Arthur though.