The Fall Guy - Action comedy starring Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt (Remake of an 80's show)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Looking forward to it. It looks really fun. I like Gosling in his serious roles but dude can nail that comedic lane as well. I still pay The Nice Guys a watch from time to time.

I hope he enjoyed the box office success of Barbie last summer though because :huhldup:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was alright. I liked it more when it focused on the on-set goofiness and stunt double bits before it tried turning into a little action thriller. Dug how it didn’t shy away from showing love to the classic films of Hollywood with the amount of references aired out.

Definitely thought of Baby Driver at times while watching it. The flick has a goofy, lovable charm to it, yet I couldn’t help but to feel like it lost its way towards the end in a similar fashion to Leitch’s previous joint ‘Bullet Train’.

I didn’t even realize it was PG-13 until I was in the seat, lol. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but maybe that’s part of why the humor wasn’t hitting as much for me.

That bootleg ass Dune score for Metalstorm was :mjlol:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I enjoyed this. At first the vibe was weird to me, but it really hooked me by the 3rd act. I didn’t know what the movie was gonna be about at all from the trailers and I wasn’t familiar with the original series

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
movie was mid

it was good until the middle they tried to make it an action flick like the other poster said.

this is a TNT movie when it comes on

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I enjoyed this. At first the vibe was weird to me, but it really hooked me by the 3rd act. I didn’t know what the movie was gonna be about at all from the trailers and I wasn’t familiar with the original series
If a movie takes until the third act to hook you, I don’t think that’s a good sign.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Winston ‘M’baku’ Duke clotheslining the absolute fukk outta that one guy :dead::wow:

jbl-salute-wrestler.gif

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
fun matinee :ehh:

they tried to play up the stunts so much in the leading promo but the actual stunts were pretty standard and not that spectacular IMO but that might have been on purpose to highlight the average day for a stuntman.

the overall plot of the movie makes no sense to me because the villains establish that they have a hit squad/cleaning crew that they could use better if you really think about it but 80s TV shows had nonsensical plots also:yeshrug:

The 6 Million Dollar Man Easter egg when Colt went in slow motion was:obama:

TNT or FX is going to add this to the permanent rotation when its available :mjlol: